+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rivers - ouchie

Veteran

Rivers - ouchie

Keith Rivers has flashed some great speed and playmaking ability in the preseason and in the regular season, but man does this guy come as advertised. I am not ever gonna question a guys injuries cause none of us knows whats its like to be hit by trucks every sunday (even though i did it on saturdays when i was younger - play football that is) but man this guy plays one game then is out another 3. I know NFL coaches are adamant about no soft tissue injuries and thats where keiths seems to be hurting every week - again i dont want to question his toughness and kind of have passively, more so i guess the bengal frustration seems to be warranted. Lot of talen - just can't stay on the field. If he could i think he could take Kiwi's spot next year at LB and move him back to end if OSI goes (as he probably will) but the guy just can't be relied on.

I wonder if they would bother to resign him after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    I wonder if they would bother to resign him after this year.
    rivers is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    rivers is soft.
    Injury prone doesn't mean soft.
    This is idiotic. Some of the toughest players in the world were injury prone.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Call him whatever you want, if you are not on the field for any reason you are not helping. It's a violent sport and I understand injuries but you have to take that into account when deciding on a player - talent is not enough - nothing is more common the unsuccessful people with talent (coolidge). He still has a whole half to get it right but he is already doubtful for Sunday. One game played then out 3 - really bad ratio.

Soft labels come from teammates and sometimes coaches - as a guy who doesn't jump on the highway every sunday and get hit by mac trucks I don't think its fair to judge - Im also not a doctor and dont know the extent of the injury. So all i see is a guy not playing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    rivers is soft.
    The steelers hit hard, if he plays this Sunday he's probably done for the season and even next season as well.

Well, he's made some decent impact in the few games he has played (he pushed that linemen back into Felix Jones on the FF) but just like Jeff Otah: All the talent in the world doesn't matter if he can't suit up for most of the games.

Veteran
    He is doubtful - so not playing.

What? Hes hurt again?

Veteran
    Calf - yep doubtful - and woodley says he is gonna play - he went full today.

AB didnt practice all week and is questionable but says he will play. Chase out - KP questionable, probably goes on a pitch count Brown seeing most of the time.