+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Will Use Three Safety Look More Starting Sunday

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/03/...g-this-sunday/

Excerpt: "New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell has been itching to incorporate the three safety look on defense that helped the Giants win it all last season. However, he felt he lacked the proper personnel to do so. Now with the emergence of Stevie Brown, Fewell feels using three safeties on the field at the same time can help the Giants defense once again.

"Really because Stevie has emerged and come on like this, it gives me more ideas to have the three-safety package," Fewell said. "And now we can go forward with that.

After safety Kenny Phillips went down with a knee injury, Brown stepped in and produced at a high level. Despite beginning the season as a back up, he leads the NFL in takeaways. Three of them, including two interceptions and a fumble recovery, helped the Giants pull out a key victory last week against the Dallas Cowboys.

Phillips is expected to return for this Sunday's game against the Steelers, giving Fewell a plethora of talent at safety to play with. Last season, Anrel Rolle was used in the slot, while Deon Grant played in the box with Phillips playing deep. With Brown's production in Phillips' absence, it would've been difficult for Fewell to take Brown off the field, but with this package he doesn't have to."Our plans can totally focus on, hey, we have a three-safeties package with three good players in there," Fewell said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I've been thinking a lot about this as well with Kenny returning and Stevie playing so well. Bring it on, I trust in Coach Fewell.

These 3 safetys being on the feild will be deadly for yeams in a long 2 minute drive. With Rolle and Phillips deep and Brown free to jump routes pass heavy comebacks are going to be much harder to perform against this team.

We can't be too surprised if KP is a little rusty and in need to a few games' snaps to get back to form
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    These 3 safetys being on the feild will be deadly for yeams in a long 2 minute drive. With Rolle and Phillips deep and Brown free to jump routes pass heavy comebacks are going to be much harder to perform against this team.
    I would put Stevie and Phillips deep and Rolle in the box.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

What happens when will hill comes back? A heavy nickel that can effectively stop run and pass with four safeties?

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I would put Stevie and Phillips deep and Rolle in the box.
    I agree....I'm looking forward to this. Stevie Brown should stay on the field....and this defense needs the speed the 3 safety alignment offers.

Would love to see Kiwi stay on the field, and Osi leave it.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by JaxMan View Post
    What happens when will hill comes back? A heavy nickel that can effectively stop run and pass with four safeties?
    Will Hill plays special team and rides the bench on defense.
    "I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me," David Wilson

Capable of running over 52 members of the roster not named manning.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree....I'm looking forward to this. Stevie Brown should stay on the field....and this defense needs the speed the 3 safety alignment offers.

Would love to see Kiwi stay on the field, and Osi leave it.
    Lol
    I think Rolle can get down and tackle pretty well and he can cover a lot of field.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Brown doesn't see much playing time. Whenever a coach says what personnel and packages he'll be using, it's usually a smoke-screen.

Maybe down the road, he'll use more 3-safeties. . .it's good to have options. But if PF relies heavily on a configuration that he announced during the week, I'd be shocked. He's too smart for that.