+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Nicks said they are doubling him & cruz and its forcing us to run the ball more.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...4-44ccc5c46145

He also said its freeing up 1v1's for the 3rd wide out (hixon) and the tight end (bennett). He said that during the cowboys game they were playing press at the line and keeping a safety over the top.

If the run isnt working, and cruz and nicks are getting double teamed, is it important we still stick with the run? and hope it opens up, or should gilbride try to design more plays to try and get some other guys the ball?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.

The big reason why I said the Giants have a special type of offense is cause of Hixon and Reuben. Those two or one of those two should bring extra big talent. Backs should also contribute in the passing game just as well as the running game.

Why we rarely ever pass to the RB or screen passes...anything to get the run going and slow down the rush is beyond me.

I've heard Wilson has good hands, why dont we put him in for a series or two and after a few touches and a couple play actions, throw him a swing pass, or screen, or something over the middle? The predictability of this offense is beyond annoying.

So teams are going with the Belicheck game plan. Hixon or Randle need to become more of a factor...or Bennett.

Well we should be able to Handle that kind of Defensive look. Randall, Hixon, bennett we have guys who could beat one on one coverage or should be able to every time.

Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more

Hixon needs to step up and win his one-on-one battles. Can't double team everyone.

A complete 180 from what teams were doing a few years ago. They used to make Eli beat them and stop the run. Now they realize Eli is an Elite Qb and switched their style up.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more
    +1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    +1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.
    I'll add another
    +1.