+ Reply to Thread

Peek At The Week: Big Ben vs. Eli, Romo, Eagles Face Internal Battles

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ternal-battles

Excerpt: "Game of the week

Pittsburgh at N.Y. Giants, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
    | Preview

The line:
    Giants by 3˝

The story:
    The story within the story here is Ben Roethlisberger vs. Eli Manning. Both were chosen in the first round of the 2004 draft. Both are Super Bowl quarterbacks. And both are on track for the Hall of Fame. The question, of course, is which would you rather have? You can't go wrong with either, with Manning winning two of the past five Super Bowls and Roethlisberger two of the past seven.

Roethlisberger is known for making clutch throws in big games, but so is Eli. Roethlisberger is known for making big plays downfield, but so is Eli. Roethlisberger is known for his fourth-quarter heroics, but so is Eli. Including the playoffs, Manning won his past eight starts against the AFC. Now look at Roethlisbeger. He's 23-7 vs. the NFC.So let's try this again: Who do you trust?

This game may help you decide, with the Giants favored because of the people Pittsburgh is missing (like safety Troy Polamalu, tackle Marcus Gilbert and, possibly, linebacker LaMarr Woodley and safety Ryan Clark) and because the Giants are playing as well as they did down the stretch a year ago.

But the Giants have their own issues on defense, where safety Kenny Phillips has been sidelined the past four games and where safety Antrel Rolle may be out with concussion-like symptoms. But that's no problem when they can plug in Stevie Brown, the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his three takeaways (two interceptions, one fumble recovery) vs. Dallas. Brown has five interceptions this season, including four the past four weeks. His status depends on Rolle and Phillips, and both seem ready to return -- which could mean a return of last year's three-safety package." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    Love the 3 safety package.

Stevie Brown has been outstanding, he has given KP time to heal up nicely. Now it's time to bring out that three safety look! This could be exactly what the doctor ordered!

There's also no film of those three guys playng in that scheme I believe
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There's also no film of those three guys playng in that scheme I believe
    No film is good film.

Giants need to have a good pass-rush outing on Big Ben to throttle the Steelers offense.

Smother Big Ben!
    Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

I'm too drunk to reply.. but I will anyways! Eli any day of the week, Ben got a gift in the first one with his stellar 22.6 qb rating in his first SB, which they won despite of him. This is all based off the which would you rather have of them chit chat. Of the 3, eli/rivers/ben I truly believe only 2 might make it in NY(rivers excluded) and Bens Bigs fiasco would have run him out of town. Meh... wtf do I know.