+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' Tynes On Pace For NFL Record For Points Scored In A Season

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...w3wLAoEfb6PzXJ

Excerpt: "Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes is on pace to score more points than anyone in NFL history ever has in one season. That’s any player — not just kickers.

Tynes, named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month, has 94 points in eight games, the season’s halfway point. He’s on pace for 188 points, which would top the record for any player (LaDainian Tomlinson’s 186 points in 2006) and shatter the record for a kicker (David Akers’ 166 points last season).

“It’d take a very similar first half,” Tynes said. “I don’t know if that’s going to be duplicated.”

Tynes said he thinks the Giants’ red zone success will improve, thus limiting field goal opportunities. Either way, Tynes — widely considered the team’s most underrated player — has nailed 24 of 26 field goals and is 22-of-22 on extra points (he hasn’t missed an extra point since 2007)." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Talk about a bargaining chip to have in a contract season.
    Just like Weatherford last season, I expect the Giants to sign Tynes to a 4-5 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Talk about a bargaining chip to have in a contract season.
    Just like Weatherford last season, I expect the Giants to sign Tynes to a 4-5 year contract.
    Just another piece JR has to worry about man...I have faith he will find a way to keep all the key players signed.

If he breaks it...it means our offense is still not scoring TDs when it needs to. Too many FGs. Sorry Tynes...I hope you don't break it...unless, of course, all your points are PATs! !!

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    If he breaks it...it means our offense is still not scoring TDs when it needs to. Too many FGs. Sorry Tynes...I hope you don't break it...unless, of course, all your points are PATs! !!
    Truth +1
    No one remembers who came in second.

It's good to have such a reliable kicker, especially with the lack of TD's last week
    Supporting the Giants from Scotland

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Truth +1
    i'll add a +1 to that.

this is a good/bad stat

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

As much as I love Tynes I hope he doesn't break it simply because I want significant red zone improvement. I want TDs, enough w/ the 4-5 FG games....

Lol our kicker about to break the all time scoring record?

that is so sad.....

Banned
    That is not a good Stat .....its awful and a condemnation of our OC

If he breaks that record.......no Supe for us