+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THE BAMBOO CURTAIN !

The Steelers were at one time the Steel Curtain !
    How will it be curtains for the Steelers ?

GO GIANTS MELT THAT PIG IRON !

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    The Steelers were at one time the Steel Curtain !
    How will it be curtains for the Steelers ?

GO GIANTS MELT THAT PIG IRON !

Miami had the Killer B's, Denver had the Orange Crush, the Giants had the Big Blue Wrecking Crew...etc., etc. The Steelers' defense is one of the best in football at this point...especially vs. the pass. They seem to be more of the Steel Curtain than we are the Big Blue Wrecking Crew.

as far as defenses go ...they are still a lot closer to being the "steel curtain"
    than we are to being "big blue" aside from a few years of an occasional decent pass rush -
    we haven't been "big blue" for a quarter of a century
    we couldn't stop a snowball from rolling uphill.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

James Harrison Is one bad dude. We have to make sure he's accounted for every snap because one hit from this guy could be disaster for this season, knock on wood God for bid. That's what baffles me so much with starting double D. One typical turnstile with an animal like him and he is teen off on Eli. He doesn't care about a fine as long as the It helps them win. Their defense has played much better the past two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    James Harrison Is one bad dude. We have to make sure he's accounted for every snap because one hit from this guy could be disaster for this season, knock on wood God for bid. That's what baffles me so much with starting double D. One typical turnstile with an animal like him and he is teen off on Eli. He doesn't care about a fine as long as the It helps them win. Their defense has played much better the past two weeks.
    Harrison is a guy that plays with reckless abandon and doesn't mind racking up a penalty or two. Hell, a few years ago I'm not sure he even got paid after all the fines he had.

This is a game where the Gmen need to play top notch. The steelers know their weaknesses, apparently the gallery is guessing at theirs.

This is where a top TE is needed to really slow these guys down, Slide him in behind the outside LB and have the WR clear out the Corner, that will certainly pull the MLBs outside and I like Bennetts athleticism in this scenario! (he'll give a little chip on the way out!

All-Pro
    The Giants defense stinks. This is coming from someone that was defending them. They are not good at all. They should not be mentioned in the same thread as the Steelers defense.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    I know what you are saying, but Harrison is becoming a shell of his former self. He still has to be accounted for but its not like a couple seasons ago where Joe Flacco was getting plastered on every few downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Miami had the Killer B's, Denver had the Orange Crush, the Giants had the Big Blue Wrecking Crew...etc., etc. The Steelers' defense is one of the best in football at this point...especially vs. the pass. They seem to be more of the Steel Curtain than we are the Big Blue Wrecking Crew.
    Hmmm, However :Tomlin said about : Ike Taylor, Lack of support: Declining speed: Lack of confidence
    Steelers fans are disappointed in their D
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.