+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's with all the whining?

Started with Gilbride, then Tuck, and now Cruz and Nicks. What happened to " shut up and play".

could have something to do with shmashmishmans arguing about their rights? No no, lets not go there

What happened to shut up and play is the media. The ever-increasing, never satisfied 24-hour monster known as the media is poking and prodding these coaches and athletes every chance they can get. If you had a camera in your face 24hr/day I'm sure we would all say something and wish we had..what, "re-worded" it?
    i blame the media

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    could have something to do with shmashmishmans arguing about their rights? No no, lets not go there

What happened to shut up and play is the media. The ever-increasing, never satisfied 24-hour monster known as the media is poking and prodding these coaches and athletes every chance they can get. If you had a camera in your face 24hr/day I'm sure we would all say something and wish we had..what, "re-worded" it?
    i blame the media
    NFL Media is brutal they push these guys to the brink just to make headlines.Nfl was ticked off also when there were no blockbuster trades for them to rant about.

Devil does exsits its the NFL media.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by grapenut View Post
    Started with Gilbride, then Tuck, and now Cruz and Nicks. What happened to " shut up and play".
    What did Nicks and Cruz say?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    NFL Media is brutal they push these guys to the brink just to make headlines.Nfl was ticked off also when there were no blockbuster trades for them to rant about.

Devil does exsits its the NFL media.
    So true, and not directed really at the OP, but the only whining I'm hearing is ABOUT the perceived whining from the players.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    What did Nicks and Cruz say?

Unlike offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and defensive end Justin Tuck, Nicks and Cruz forgot to accuse Steelers defensive backs of getting away with murder when they went public with their feelings that the Steelers hold opposing receivers without penalty from the officials. Nicks said cornerback Ike Taylor was the main culprit in a secondary that grabs “a lot” and Cruz said he expects to be held on every play.
    “It’s pretty blatant how they do it,” Cruz said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “Some of it’s not being called, and some of it is, so we just have to be prepared to fight through it no matter what happens. And no matter what the down and distance is, expect to be held, expect to be grabbed and just continue to fight.”
    Pretty damn pathetic, and its getting very annoying to keep seeing it from these guys week after week. Just shut the hell up and play, because it's not like either of them have been lighting it up lately anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    So true, and not directed really at the OP, but the only whining I'm hearing is ABOUT the perceived whining from the players.
    Perceived? They're complaining, and accusing their opponents of holding before the game has even been played. There's no perception, it's reality.

I think they want to put it out there so the game refs are aware of it and to keep it in their minds when they're actually officiating the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Perceived? They're complaining, and accusing their opponents of holding before the game has even been played. There's no perception, it's reality.
    Yeah, perceived. If it results in the officials in doing their job better - wonderful.

What are the players supposed to talk about?

Confident in winning? Shut-up don't be ****y
    Expecting better play from themselves and teammates? Shut-up keep it in the locker room
    Talking about how they need to execute? Shut-up with the boiler plate non answers
    Saying the Steelers are a great team? Shut-up stop kissing *** and focus
    Commenting on an injury? Shut-up get on the field you are injury prone.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by grapenut View Post
    Complaining?? Or providing a truthful answer to one of a thousand questions the media asks them??