+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Soccer

  1. #1
    Bench Player scottishgiant84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8

    Soccer

    Do any of you follow soccer much?

    I'm primarily a soccer fan (Edinburgh's Heart of Midlothian are my team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.) but the Giants are definitely my second team.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,116
    People here barely speak about other teams in the NFL, you think they'll talk about soccer?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    People here barely speak about other teams in the NFL, you think they'll talk about soccer?
    Hahaha, so true. You don't bring soccer talk to a football conversation.


    Ugh, it feels so wrong calling it "soccer".

  4. #4
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Hahaha, so true. You don't bring soccer talk to a football conversation.


    Ugh, it feels so wrong calling it "soccer".

    It's the fact that I've made threads on a few games other than the Giants, and I'll never get a response but a few other reviews. Makes me wonder iff anyone watches any other game besides the Giants, or even just follows.

  5. #5
    Bench Player scottishgiant84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8
    It did feel weird calling it soccer to be fair, didn't think it would go well calling uk football 'football' and us football 'American football'
    Supporting the Giants from Scotland

  6. #6
    Yeah, it'd get pretty confusing.

    I follow the EPL and support Liverpool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's the fact that I've made threads on a few games other than the Giants, and I'll never get a response but a few other reviews. Makes me wonder iff anyone watches any other game besides the Giants, or even just follows.
    I've also wondered that. Seems most people here are purely Giants fans rather than NFL fans. Understandable, I guess.

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    People here barely speak about other teams in the NFL, you think they'll talk about soccer?
    lol this
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #8
    I watch soccer.
    ​​​

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts