+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kenny Phillips Out Again vs. Pittsburgh.....

Giants safety Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth consecutive game today, as he continues to nurse a knee injury he suffered September 30 in a contest with the Eagles.

Despite practicing on a limited basis with the team Thursday and Friday, and telling reporters he would suit up, league sources confirmed Phillips will not see the field against the Steelers.

As expected, Stevie Brown, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week and team leader in interceptions, will start at safety.

http://snygiants.com/pittsburgh-stee...in-v-steelers/

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Giants safety Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth consecutive game today, as he continues to nurse a knee injury he suffered September 30 in a contest with the Eagles.

Despite practicing on a limited basis with the team Thursday and Friday, and telling reporters he would suit up, league sources confirmed Phillips will not see the field against the Steelers.

As expected, Stevie Brown, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week and team leader in interceptions, will start at safety.

I guess with Brown doing so well the coaching staff feels very comfortable giving KP some extra rest.

can someone pass the crying towel over this way..........I was really looking forward to our best Defender riding the pine........you cannot defend your D player of the week title from the bench and ST

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    can someone pass the crying towel over this way..........I was really looking forward to our best Defender riding the pine........you cannot defend your D player of the week title from the bench and ST

LOL
    I was looking forward to all three on the field at the same time.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I was looking forward to all three on the field at the same time.

would rarely happen........you are talking nickle and dime only

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    would rarely happen........you are talking nickle and dime only
    3 Safety's was our base Defense most of last season so I dont know where that comes from.

In a three safety set one safety plays in the box making it effective against all but a true power running game. Its not like a Nickle where you tend to have an extra corner in place of a backer. I can all but assure you that when these three are healthy you will see the 3 safety's alot, not just on tee off passing downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post

Though I am not crazy about it, I was actually looking forward to the 3 safety sets...better that he's fully recovered though.

I'm all in favor of resting KP till after the bye. Brown has filled in great so no need to rush Phillips to play. I much rather have him for the late season run and the playoffs (If I may be so bold).

I think we can win with out him but he will needed down the stretch!

Veteran
    I'd have him sit until the bye week. Phillips is a great contributor to the defense, despite BParcell's delusional ramblings. However, Brown is making plays for the defense, and while it'd be nice to get KP in on the 3 safety set (especially with the LBs being banged up/no depth), it's not a make or break injury for this week.