+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,708

    Kenny Phillips Out Again vs. Pittsburgh.....

    Giants safety Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth consecutive game today, as he continues to nurse a knee injury he suffered September 30 in a contest with the Eagles.

    Despite practicing on a limited basis with the team Thursday and Friday, and telling reporters he would suit up, league sources confirmed Phillips will not see the field against the Steelers.

    As expected, Stevie Brown, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week and team leader in interceptions, will start at safety.

    http://snygiants.com/pittsburgh-stee...in-v-steelers/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Giants safety Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth consecutive game today, as he continues to nurse a knee injury he suffered September 30 in a contest with the Eagles.

    Despite practicing on a limited basis with the team Thursday and Friday, and telling reporters he would suit up, league sources confirmed Phillips will not see the field against the Steelers.

    As expected, Stevie Brown, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week and team leader in interceptions, will start at safety.

    http://snygiants.com/pittsburgh-stee...in-v-steelers/
    I guess with Brown doing so well the coaching staff feels very comfortable giving KP some extra rest.

  3. #3
    can someone pass the crying towel over this way..........I was really looking forward to our best Defender riding the pine........you cannot defend your D player of the week title from the bench and ST

    LOL

  4. #4
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    can someone pass the crying towel over this way..........I was really looking forward to our best Defender riding the pine........you cannot defend your D player of the week title from the bench and ST

    LOL
    I was looking forward to all three on the field at the same time.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I was looking forward to all three on the field at the same time.

    would rarely happen........you are talking nickle and dime only

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    would rarely happen........you are talking nickle and dime only
    3 Safety's was our base Defense most of last season so I dont know where that comes from.

    In a three safety set one safety plays in the box making it effective against all but a true power running game. Its not like a Nickle where you tend to have an extra corner in place of a backer. I can all but assure you that when these three are healthy you will see the 3 safety's alot, not just on tee off passing downs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Giants safety Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth consecutive game today, as he continues to nurse a knee injury he suffered September 30 in a contest with the Eagles.

    Despite practicing on a limited basis with the team Thursday and Friday, and telling reporters he would suit up, league sources confirmed Phillips will not see the field against the Steelers.

    As expected, Stevie Brown, the reigning NFC Defensive Player of the Week and team leader in interceptions, will start at safety.

    http://snygiants.com/pittsburgh-stee...in-v-steelers/
    Though I am not crazy about it, I was actually looking forward to the 3 safety sets...better that he's fully recovered though.

  8. #8
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,917
    I'm all in favor of resting KP till after the bye. Brown has filled in great so no need to rush Phillips to play. I much rather have him for the late season run and the playoffs (If I may be so bold).

  9. #9
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,357
    I think we can win with out him but he will needed down the stretch!

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    708
    I'd have him sit until the bye week. Phillips is a great contributor to the defense, despite BParcell's delusional ramblings. However, Brown is making plays for the defense, and while it'd be nice to get KP in on the 3 safety set (especially with the LBs being banged up/no depth), it's not a make or break injury for this week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts