+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    The D had 4 sacks, a pick, stopped a fake FG. Were they great today, no. but it was more the ineptitude of the O to score more points in the RZ, & going 3 & out almost all of the 4th qt, that cost us the game. We throw hardly any screen passes to the RBs, no slants, & if the Steeler D was taking away our WRs, do like Dallas does with Witten & throw more passes to Marty B! We never utilize the TE like NE, Atl, Dallas & NO do!
    No argument with this, right on.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Did you even watch the game???? Our D was on the Field for the majority of it. Eli couldnt complete anything tonight and looked like a rookie tonight while throwing into double and triple coverages, running left and throwing right almost getting Cruz killed, and just not doing what the Eli we know can do.....This is now 3 WEEKS he has done this crap and he better pull his head outta his *** or give his paychecks to our defensive guys to split up.

Spare me, man; I watched the game, although based on your ranting that statement is pretty ironic.

We can't keep blowing Leads............... When your ahead there is a reason !

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    He obviously doesn't want to admit that Eli & the O shat the bed in this game & the D just got plain worn out in the end thanks to all the 3 & outs Eli & the O did at the end.

See previous response. At no point have I ever excused the offense or Eli for their play.

I haver enough blame in my heart for all three units. The defense played well enough for us to win today unfortunately the offense did not. But the idea that the defense played well or deserves more than simple kudos for a decent game is a joke. The offense has carried the defense plenty...I rarely see mouthbreathers on these boards claiming the defense should be splitting their checks with the offense.

Some perspective in analysis wouldn't hurt. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    See previous response. At no point have I ever excused the offense or Eli for their play.

I haver enough blame in my heart for all three units. The defense played well enough for us to win today unfortunately the offense did not. But the idea that the defense played well or deserves more than simple kudos for a decent game is a joke. The offense has carried the defense plenty...I rarely see mouthbreathers on these boards claiming the defense should be splitting their checks with the offense.

Some perspective in analysis wouldn't hurt. That's all I'm saying.
    what perspective would you like skippy?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bench Player
    I'm a Steelers fan; here's my perspective: I came into this game thinking that you guys have a fine squad, and nothing I saw yesterday has fundamentally changed that assessment. On offense, you have a terrific quarterback, a number of dangerous receivers, and an admirably courageous HB in Bradshaw. Your defense -- true to the Parcells legacy --- is built around an excellent front four. Your secondary, I think you'll agree, is less talented than your D-line, that's just football in the salary cap era: you have to prioritize certain positions over others, and I most teams would choose a great pass rush over a great secondary.

I think that the Steelers offensive play calling effectively exploited the relative weakness of the secondary while neutralizing your advantage on the offensive line. Todd Haley's new offense -- in contrast to the sandlot-style, deep pass-heavy offense we'd used for the last few years -- emphasizes short passing and pass protection. Your DLs weren't afforded much time to get to the qb, and your DBs didn't play terrifically well. You're linebackers were similarly unimpressive in defending the run, which forced the safeties to chip in, which opened up the passing game...

Look, the Steelers didn't "solve" the Giants. They outplayed you on this particular day, but if Eli had been a bit sharper, and if your LBs had eaten their wheaties before yesterday's game (I'm confident that Michael Boley, at least, is capable of playing better than that), the result might have been different. Nor was this a devastating loss. You still have a three-game lead over your nearest divisional rivals, and I don;t see overhyped, gimmicky teams like Dallas and Philly making a serious runs at you in the coming weeks. You have a good coach, and you generally play a fundamentally sound game. You'll be alright.

Anyway, here's hoping that you're all high, dry, and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven7 View Post
    Thank you guys for the congratulations. I know how hard it can be to take a loss like that someimes. Putting aside the whining Nicks, Cruz and Tuck did prior to this game I have always really respected your team and honestly have always thought the Steelers and Giants had a lot in common. The AWFUL officiating in today`s contest wasn`t your team`s fault so I won`t gripe about it other than to say I`m shocked we were able to overcome it. Hope you guys are all doing well with the storm and all, best of luck the rest of the season. I hope we see you in the big one. Eli vs. Ben would be awesome.
    Nicks and Cruz whining? I'll give you Tuck but whatever..

The officiating evened it self out honestly. Can't believe some people would use that excuse. The only call I didn't like was the hit on Cruz. Thought is was tacky. And maybe a block in the back on the fumble TD return.

I love the Steelers and their fanbase, but It would have been nice if you had maybe showed up here before the game as well.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    No offense but I'm pretty sure it was just Tuck whining....
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-holding/

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    what perspective would you like skippy?

Thanks! I've got all I need champ, unfortunately there likely ain't enough in the world to mollify most everyone else here.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Nicks and Cruz whining? I'll give you Tuck but whatever..The officiating evened it self out honestly. Can't believe some people would use that excuse. The only call I didn't like was the hit on Cruz. Thought is was tacky. And maybe a block in the back on the fumble TD return.I love the Steelers and their fanbase, but It would have been nice if you had maybe showed up here before the game as well.
    The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.