+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CONGRATS STEELERS NATION

CONGRATS STEELERS NATION

solid win by a classy football Team...

I had a feeling this would be a brawl but what can I say?

Good Game.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

There hasn't been one Steeler fan in here all week..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

2 of my friends are steeler fans 1 is classy and respectful the other is a complete A**.
    ​​​

If the do come they just flat out beat us down congrats.

we weren't dominated so I disagree with you there Eliscruzz.

we gave up a 10 point lead because frankly, our D is soft at the worst times. One minute they look scary, the next, a basket full of kittens.

Their D brought it and we couldn't do anything with them

Bench Player
    Thank you guys for the congratulations. I know how hard it can be to take a loss like that someimes. Putting aside the whining Nicks, Cruz and Tuck did prior to this game I have always really respected your team and honestly have always thought the Steelers and Giants had a lot in common. The AWFUL officiating in today`s contest wasn`t your team`s fault so I won`t gripe about it other than to say I`m shocked we were able to overcome it. Hope you guys are all doing well with the storm and all, best of luck the rest of the season. I hope we see you in the big one. Eli vs. Ben would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    we weren't dominated so I disagree with you there Eliscruzz.

we gave up a 10 point lead because frankly, our D is soft at the worst times. One minute they look scary, the next, a basket full of kittens.

Their D brought it and we couldn't do anything with them
    Are you crazy! The Giants D did all they could to bail out our totally inept offense! Webster pick sets them up at the Steeler 33, they can't punch it in! D stops the fake FG play. O didn't give the D hardly any time to rest on the sidelines! 3 & out for most of the game, especially their last 3 posessions in the 4th qt. D just got worn out at the end by the Steelers run game.

Steelers D just totally dominated the G-men's O today. They also ended up winning the battle of the trenches in the end. Tough loss for us, but the Steelers were the much better team today.Giants better win vs Cincy next week or the 2nd half collapse curse just might be fact!

Yea they earned that win today. Their defense shut us out. We gotta regroup big time...

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Are you crazy! The Giants D did all they could to bail out our totally inept offense! Webster pick sets them up at the Steeler 33, they can't punch it in! D stops the fake FG play. O didn't give the D hardly any time to rest on the sidelines! 3 & out for most of the game, especially their last 3 posessions in the 4th qt. D just got worn out at the end by the Steelers run game.

Steelers D just totally dominated the G-men's O today. They also ended up winning the battle of the trenches in the end. Tough loss for us, but the Steelers were the much better team today.Giants better win vs Cincy next week or the 2nd half collapse curse just might be fact!
    not crazy, to me this game boiled down to the 4th. They made more plays than we did, we couldn't and never converted a 3rd down. We hoped our D could pull off a takeaway and gamble on an 4th Q win in our favor.

The last 3 or 4 games we've looked very fallible and today I agree with you, the better Team won.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post

The offense played poorly but the idea that the defense bailed them out of anything is ludicrous. The defense did not play well. It's such a joke when people say the defense was worn out. Were they really worn out by the third drive of the game when they had played all of 12 plays and then watched the Steelers hold the ball for 5 and a half minutes as they manhandled the Giant defense? Get serious.

The offense stunk, special teams was horrendous and neither helped the defense at all today but the idea that the poor, poor defense was out there laying it all on the line only to be let down by the offense is insulting to any fan's intelligence.

The Steelers defense is ranked first in points and passing yards against, 2nd in total yards and 9th in rushing against. They owned the LOS on both sides of the ball. Your backup RB doesn't average 6 yards a carry against great defenses.

+ Reply to Thread