+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven7 View Post
    The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.
    I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...

Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.
    They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.
    I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.

I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.
    I saw some nice pass-interference going on against our Wr's for much of the game. Wasn't called. Like I said, it evened itself out. No bias here. I said I didn't like some of the calls that went our way. Your team won. Congratulations.

They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

I don't disagree but I find no similarities between the two organizations at all other than both are based on the tri state area.

OK, that's fair - I'll re-watch it. My memory is of the live play only. That said I wouldn't be shocked if we still disagree as we clearly have different points of view and agendas.

That's crap. The whole whining strategy thing is crap frankly and I don't believe you actually believe the refs were swayed by it.

That said, I really don't like when the Giants talk that kind of crap, it's bush and they should be above it. Every team holds, every team tries to take advantage...I don't agree with the *****ing to the press, I don't think it helps a team's cause at all and often works against them.

The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.
    Granted the first PI call was as iffy as Brown's TD run (if that ball broke the plane, it broke it by the tip of the ball), but on the same play there could have been illegal contact on the WR on the route, well past 5 yards, just from memory.

Bleh no use arguing pointless issues. The Steelers out played us. Personally, I would rather congradulate them and stay close with my stealer nation bretheren because when Giants and Steelers get together good things happen.......like the Mara sisters.

Banned
    Pittsburgh Steelers flat out won. There is no excuse about it. I don't particularly mind them and I think Mike (Omar Epps) Tomlin is a decent guy. However, the continual crying of the fanbase over the officiating after a win is ridiculous. The fumble call was not clear cut but iffy at best. The ball was hit when Rapistfatburger brought his arm back to pass and was still wobbly when he went to throw it. That call can go either way and in that instance I think it was the right one. The call against Ryan Clark on the hit on Victor Cruz in the endzone was ridiculous. That should not have been a flag. Granted, it was a cheap shot but it was not illegal. It was borderline late but was not a penalty.

Hey Pittsburgh Steeler fans, congratulations on the win. Now stop the *****ing and moaning about the calls and get ready for your next game. I understand that most of you are still elated because you just beat The Defending SuperBowl Champions in our house but please, stop crying about the calls. I say the same things to NY Giants fans that cry about the bad calls in the regular season game against Green Bay Packers last year. It is all part of the game.