+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli's been playing like a real bum lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Giantyankee, only sane one in here. lol at some of these posts.
    I don't understand it. We all saw the last 3 defenses play exceptionally well. Skins, Boys and Steelers.

What else can you expect if you play with you foot off the gas?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I don't understand it. We all saw the last 3 defenses play exceptionally well. Skins, Boys and Steelers.

What else can you expect if you play with you foot off the gas?
    People just have misplaced rage so they attack the most recognizable person: the QB.

We need to work on our schemes and cohesiveness between him and the receivers. That old crap won't work on good D's

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Wish we would dominate for an entire 60 for a change.
    We did and haven't been the same since.

The OP did say lately and that's unfortunately a true statement. Alex Smith has looked like a better QB in recent weeks. I'm sure he will get out of the funk here real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    We did and haven't been the same since.
    Ouch!
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    People just have misplaced rage so they attack the most recognizable person: the QB.

We need to work on our schemes and cohesiveness between him and the receivers. That old crap won't work on good D's
    You are right, but come on, it's the second straight game in which Eli has passed for under 200 yards and no touchdowns. He has to take his share of the blame.

I like Cruz, but i think they should re-sign him after the season is over.

Eli has just been flat out awful I know the defense are good that we are facing but seriously man this is your 8th year you won two sb and you can't even reach the 200 yards mark and please I'm just asking for 1 td .....1. It's not just about the other defense it is something deeper here. Eli not standing tall in the pocket he's throwing high. He's making ridiculous boneheaded throws...smh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    eli has certainly sucked the last 4 games. i dont know why but he does.
    IT'S CALL PRESS COVERAGE... NICKS, HIXON, CRUZ, ETC CAN NOT GET OFF PRESS COVERAGE. LEST WE FORGET TH 90 YDS PI'S THAT DIDN'T EQUATE ON THE STATS WOULD HAVE PUT HIM OVER BEN WHO HAD ONLY 200 YDS. BUT NO RUN GAME & WRS THAT CAN'T BREAK & GET SEPERATION FOR QUICK THROWS ON PRESS COVERAGE MAKES YOUR OFFENSE LOOK TERRIBLE. THEY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED & THE BENGALS WILL BE BRINGING THE SAME NEXT WEEK. I EXPECT THEM TO BE 6-6 AGAIN THIS YEAR. THEY ARE IN DIRE NEED OF SOMEONE WHO CAN RUSH FOR A 5 YARD AVERAGE. MAYBE NEXT YEAR JR WILL DRAFT A POWER BACK WHO CAN RUN & PASS BLOCK. WE DON'T HAVE ONE NOW. 35 IS INJURY PRONE.

yes he has regressed a bit, back-foot throws as an example, but why are we at times so damn predictable?

run...stopped
    pass...overthrown/ defensed
    run..stopped / short-pass, receiver stopped short
    PUNT

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread