+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Angry If we need to make any room there are two obvious guys to part ways with

Herzlich and Bradshaw...........throw in Deihl too

Yeah Herzlich looked lost and confused half the time Bradshaw is horrible but hey coaches love him though Diehl will get the start the rest of the season because hes a veteran.

Herzlich might just be a great special teams player at best. He has made some plays there.

Bradshaw needs to stop being treated like a top 10 RB with the ridiculous amount of carries he receives in comparison to Brown and Wilson.

Diehl...needs to retire.

Diehl should be number one on that list.

Wilson needs a chance to run. We have coaches irrationally loyal to Bradshaw.

Herzlich was UNDRAFTED. He was good until his sickness and hasnt been as good since. Wasnt in college and isnt in the pros. Hes a great story, not a great starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Herzlich and Bradshaw...........throw in Deihl too
    I would agree with Bradshaw and Diehl. Bradshaw is not even 30 and is done. He seems like he is always going to have foot/ankle problems. Diehl is only good as an extra tackle in the jumbo package and should not be a starting o-linemen.

As for Herzlich, I say let him get more playing time. He did not have a lot of starts as a rookie, and this is only start this season so far. Herz may not be the mike backer of the future for the Giants, but I'm willing to give him a pass for the time being.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

All-Pro
    Herz isn't a starter, he is a backup and he didn't play great, but how much did you expect from him really? If he was the next Urlacher he would have already taken the starting job.

DD definitely needs to go, or at least go back to only playing on the jumbo package.

Bradshaw is adequate, and even has a few good games in him. He certainly isn't the player he used to be. I agree he should be losing some of his carries to Brown and Wilson... but Brown averaged even less per carry (2.9) than Bradshaw (3.2).. I think AB2 is just a good backup RB, not our next starter. I like Wilson, he has great big play ability, but I would be a bit concerned about his ability to bang out the tough yards.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Start cutting players? Last time I checked the giants are 6-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Start cutting players? Last time I checked the giants are 6-3.
    Just a guess, but I think the OP meant that they should be cut after this season. Maybe I'm just assuming that?
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    Yeah Herzlich looked lost and confused half the time Bradshaw is horrible but hey coaches love him though Diehl will get the start the rest of the season because hes a veteran.
    You know what is funny. There were so many people that was pushing for this guy to start over Blackburn. People forget Herz didn't play well last season to prevent the resigning of Blackburn. Herz got lit up today. Sometimes he looked like he was taking a walk in a forest the way he was playing.

Bench Player
    No running back could possibly do less than Bradshaw, he is useless