+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Last year's "vaunted" linebacker class

    J Will = MIA (injured?)

    Greg Jones = off team

    Herzlich = only good on special teams

    Paysinger = special teamer

    We need to start drafting a good lb corp in higher rounds.

  2. #2
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,394
    Who said last year had a vaunted LB class?

    J Will was the only guy that showed any potential on defense, and he has played very well, just has had a couple injuries this season.

    Really injuries have been the biggest issue, Rivers is a constant injury case.

  3. #3
    Williams is a keeper, just a bad year injury wise.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Who said last year had a vaunted LB class?

    J Will was the only guy that showed any potential on defense, and he has played very well, just has had a couple injuries this season.

    Really injuries have been the biggest issue, Rivers is a constant injury case.

    Fans classified Greg Jones as the next London Fletcher and believed he was better than Goff and Blackburn LOL

    Herzlich was a guy that sooo many fans were drooling over and there was sooo many posts about why we didnt draft him.

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    That still doesn't mean it was a vaunted LB draft class.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    That still doesn't mean it was a vaunted LB draft class.
    Look up the definition of vaunted...

    Guys were praising this lb class like Reese struck gold in a coal mine.

    Now here we are and none are realky contributing outside of special teams.

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    I don't remember the board of FANS saying this was the best LB group we have ever seen, and a message board full of fans does not make that a vaunted class.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I don't remember the board of FANS saying this was the best LB group we have ever seen, and a message board full of fans does not make that a vaunted class.
    Fans were LOVING this class especially when they all made the team. You must not have been on the board around that time if you dont remember how crazy this board was about those backers.

  9. #9
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    People liked them but no one was calling them he next great LB group.

  10. #10
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,394
    I thought they got a couple good STs players and J Will would be a future starter at weakside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts