+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TC NEEDS TO START COMPLAINING TO THE LEAGUE

The opponents have a simple game plan that has shut our offense down to a snails pace & we all know what I'm talking about. If you watch the DB's they grab our WR's around the shoulder pad at the line of scrimage & mug them throughout the pass route. At the start of every game you seen Nicks & Cruz throwing their hands in the air after a pass sails right by them with the DB draped all over them & no flag unless the ball is heaved down the field at least over 40 yds. This tattic has been used for at least the last 4 games & it's getting old.

Either we trade for some 6'6" WR like megatron I don't see this getting any better unless TC starts complaining like the Colts did in the AFC championship loss to the Pats back in the early 2000's when they came up with the can't hold after 5 yd rule. If TC would get the leagues attention & the refs are told to keep a closer eye on the DB's then I don't see our recievers getting open much anymore. They seem to get frustrated & are not competing as hard as they were last year. Now I feel much better getting that off my chest.

This type of mugging is getting on my nerves.

Veteran
    lol all TC does is complain, he needs to coach better

Well if our wr could beat them of the line we wouldnt have the issue. They dont ONLY do it vs the Giants. This is not a league problem, its a Nicks and Cruz problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    The opponents have a simple game plan that has shut our offense down to a snails pace & we all know what I'm talking about. If you watch the DB's they grab our WR's around the shoulder pad at the line of scrimage & mug them throughout the pass route. At the start of every game you seen Nicks & Cruz throwing their hands in the air after a pass sails right by them with the DB draped all over them & no flag unless the ball is heaved down the field at least over 40 yds. This tattic has been used for at least the last 4 games & it's getting old.

Either we trade for some 6'6" WR like megatron I don't see this getting any better unless TC starts complaining like the Colts did in the AFC championship loss to the Pats back in the early 2000's when they came up with the can't hold after 5 yd rule. If TC would get the leagues attention & the refs are told to keep a closer eye on the DB's then I don't see our recievers getting open much anymore. They seem to get frustrated & are not competing as hard as they were last year. Now I feel much better getting that off my chest.

the 5 yard rule you speak of was made because of how physical of a CB Mel Blount was (an ex-Steeler) NOT because of the Colts.

I dont think this is an excuse. Wheres our running game??

My god . . . has everyone on this MB turned into a complete frigging lunatic because we lost a game???

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    lol all TC does is complain, he needs to coach better
    How do you coach a WR to get off an illegal hold? What do you tell him to do? How can he do it when he's 5 11 185 & the guy holding him is taller, stonger & out weighs him 20 lbs? I garantee you if our CB's had the size speed & strength as the last 4 teams we've faced have on us we'd probaly be doing the same thing but JR doesn't draft that type of DB. What is Prince 5 9 185 soaking wet?

We (the players) are expecting teams to just let us stomp them out. That's not the case.
    31 other teams have film on us, and they are going to try to counter that.
    Cruz needs to realize touchdowns aren't going to be falling in his hands left and right. People are going to double and triple team you now.
    Ahmad needs to sit out, he's injured and he's been ineffective.
    Hakeem needs to FULLY recover.
    Actually, ALL of our receivers need to play more physical and fight for the ball. DB's are coming for you guys.

Last but not least, it is the COACHES job to adjust.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post

I agree with you and it is not just with the holding and mugging of our WR's, I could pinpoint atleat 5 plays where Pittsburghs' Heath Miller had an entire hanful wrapped in his paws of one of our D's jerseys. Very sickening. The only thing TC needs to do is allow us to fight fire with fire and we will prevail. (If your not cheating.....Your not trying) form of view.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Are you guys friggin serious? Complaining about the refs today after they handed us 2 TD's????

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We (the players) are expecting teams to just let us stomp them out. That's not the case.
    31 other teams have film on us, and they are going to try to counter that.
    Cruz needs to realize touchdowns aren't going to be falling in his hands left and right. People are going to double and triple team you now.
    Ahmad needs to sit out, he's injured and he's been ineffective.
    Hakeem needs to FULLY recover.
    Actually, ALL of our receivers need to play more physical and fight for the ball. DB's are coming for you guys.

Last but not least, it is the COACHES job to adjust.
    when you are double and triple teamed that leaves SOMEONE WIDE open! If that is the case then we should be gaining yards in huge chunks! it is an 11 on 11 sport. Eli has been off his rocker for the last 2-3 games......looks like he has regressed back to an unknown player to me.

I love Eli and our entire O but bringing back diehl and making lockheart sit was mistake 1, mistake 2 is Eli is not prepared, he seems to have lost the heart since he was almost proclaimed to be on track for the NFL MVP just 2 weeks ago. He needs to get that fire in his belly again and make those passes he knows and we know he is capable of making.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"