+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

List of Available Coaches

*Full Disclosure*
    I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
    Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job)
    Steve Spagnuolo (if fired)
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)
    Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)

Re: List of Available Coaches

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*
    I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)
    Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.

I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

Mike Zimmer is far and away my first choice.

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

Time for the Giants to join the 21st century of the NFL.

Get well soon 80.

Veteran

[quote user="nihan87"]I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.[/quote]

There is yet to be any proof that Spags will be fired by the Rams. If he is, I am fully on board with this idea if they can't land Cowher or perhaps Fisher.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Bench Player

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.[/quote]

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
    Jeff Fisher

put tony sparano on that list.

[quote user="guerilla"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.[/quote]

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
    Jeff Fisher[/quote]

I really think he could turn this team around quickly without wholesale changes being made.

He was a smart DB when he played & played way above his physical ability & that's what this team needs since I've been totally convinced since the JR hiring that the overall talent on this team has been on the decline.

We need a coach that can the most out of less & he proven for years able to get that done.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

My last choice would be any of the big names out there.* Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote]

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis.

If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records.

Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.