+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Tampa Bay Got Our Back

I wanted Doug Martin so bad in the past draft !!!!
    Tampa jumped in front of us ,and of course grab him up.
    Did you see what he did today , 240+ yatds rushing .
    Wilson , next pick by GIANTS , fumbles first game , now doesn't touch ball on offense.

It's still a little early to tell, but Martin has looked downright nasty, and has shown signs that he could morph into one of the league's elite backs in a couple years.

Veteran
    We have no idea if Wislon it better or worst than Martin since he hasn't played a full game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    We have no idea if Wislon it better or worst than Martin since he hasn't played a full game.
    I know! What the heck is the point of this thread?

We need to bring back the "Ignore" button.

Quote Originally Posted by njersey View Post
    IWe need to bring back the "Ignore" button.
    Hover over a username - view profile - add to ignore list?

Martin wouldnt be playing for us either because TC doesn't play rookie backs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Martin wouldnt be playing for us either because TC doesn't play rookie backs.
    What do u mean? He tried playing David Wilson early on, but David Wilson did nothing to show he was making a good decison except drop passes directly thrown to him and fumble..lol If he would of done something or anything early on in his opp's, he'd of found a role and that would of given Wilson a chance(if hes good enough) to show his stuff.. Theres not a team int he NFL that would not be playing Doug Martin in some capacity.. Hes more of a complete back then David Wilson.. In my opinion, hes probably just better.. The guy was running through the raiders without Carl Nicks yesterday and destroyed Minnesota last week.. Tampa got us, and as i've always stated, i think the bucs got us good and moved in front of us, and Reese would of taken Doug Martin if he was on the board..

I sure hope Reese would of anyways, because its pretty bad if he was thinking David Wilson over Doug Martin...

Just about every time we've tried to incorporate David Wilson, he either gets stuffed behind the line or drops a pass or fumbles.. The only time hes done anything remotley close to positive, was in garbage time... Thats why hes not playing more, simply put...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What do u mean? He tried playing David Wilson early on, but David Wilson did nothing to show he was making a good decison except drop passes directly thrown to him and fumble..lol If he would of done something or anything early on in his opp's, he'd of found a role and that would of given Wilson a chance(if hes good enough) to show his stuff.. Theres not a team int he NFL that would not be playing Doug Martin in some capacity.. Hes more of a complete back then David Wilson.. In my opinion, hes probably just better.. The guy was running through the raiders without Carl Nicks yesterday and destroyed Minnesota last week.. Tampa got us, and as i've always stated, i think the bucs got us good and moved in front of us, and Reese would of taken Doug Martin if he was on the board..

I sure hope Reese would of anyways, because its pretty bad if he was thinking David Wilson over Doug Martin...
    I think Wilson's proven he can secure the ball on kickoff returns

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

I think you're being a bit too harsh on someone who's full potential has yet to be observed.

I'll admit, I was Very high on Martin and wanted him big time in the draft, and TB DID steal that pick, I don't care what Reese says. But despite all of that, I think it's way too early to say who's the better back yet when we haven't even seen what Wilson can do. I don't think anyone would've disagreed that Wilson isn't as NFL-ready as Martin, but we'll see what he can do when he's more reliable (in the eyes of Coughlin at least).

In terms of who is better, Martin has certainly set the bar really high and he could very well be the better back, I just don't think we can say that now. I think Wilson has huge potential and I really can't wait until he gets more carries.