+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Ridiculous.

  1. #1

    Ridiculous.

    Do any of the Chicken Little fans remember how awful we looked last year against the Saints? If not, let me remind you. We were pathetic. There was no way that team was doing anything positive, let alone making the playoffs. So what's my point? We didn't look that bad today. Or the last 3 weeks. We have less to shore up and much more to hang our hats on. And guess what? We got it together and won the Super Bowl. So calm down. We lead our division and have 7 more games to play. Something tells me Eli doesn't get shut out of the endzone like he has the last 2 weeks the rest of the season. Heck, we might even get another win! Imagine? Seriously though, you're all adorable with your faith as strong as egg shells. Go Blue...onto Cinci.

  2. #2
    Imo they get a pass this week regardless. Too much going on, just happy they played the game. I'm not worried about the season, especially considering we played a pretty good team.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kingston, PA
    Posts
    1,550
    We always look bad against the Saints!

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by njersey View Post
    We always look bad against the Saints!
    I could swear they were the Steelers that we played

  5. #5
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,341
    its a game we could have won and didn't.

    these fans can freak out and pee their pants if they want to, but it just makes them look stupid.

    it was basically a one possession game and we lost.

    get over it.

  6. #6
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,253
    Poor showing, and frustrating, but not the end of the world. I have no doubt the offense will get rolling again!

    That being said, you have to expect fans to get frustrated after a game like that, especially considering the offensive problems have spanned a few weeks now. Frustrated is very different than calling for the firing of coaches and wholesale changes with players however.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    its a game we could have won and didn't.

    these fans can freak out and pee their pants if they want to, but it just makes them look stupid.

    it was basically a one possession game and we lost.

    get over it.
    I think it's more because it was a culmination of the past few weeks. They didn't fix the things that weren't working, and it finally caught up with them.

  8. #8
    On a macro level, we were 6-2, it's just the usual 2nd half swoon. We are now 1-8 in week 9 games under Coughlin.

    We were up 20-10 and the defense was soft and exploitable and the offense sputtered.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 11-05-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  9. #9
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I think it's more because it was a culmination of the past few weeks. They didn't fix the things that weren't working, and it finally caught up with them.
    you know what? We fans sure talk a good game of 'a win is a win', but when the rubber hits the road i guess a win isn't really a win.

    i get it that fans need to vent, but they look at these games in a vacuum like its just a generic opponent on the other side.

    the cowboys went on the road to Atlanta, held that offense which has beein ripping opponents all year to under 20 points, and were one possession away from beating the falcons with guys signed off of their couches at LBer and some 3rd string HB i've never heard of.

    the offense, specifically eli and his receivers, need to improve significantly, but we haven't been facing chumps the last few weeks that people are complaining about.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    you know what? We fans sure talk a good game of 'a win is a win', but when the rubber hits the road i guess a win isn't really a win.

    i get it that fans need to vent, but they look at these games in a vacuum like its just a generic opponent on the other side.

    the cowboys went on the road to Atlanta, held that offense which has beein ripping opponents all year to under 20 points, and were one possession away from beating the falcons with guys signed off of their couches at LBer and some 3rd string HB i've never heard of.

    the offense, specifically eli and his receivers, need to improve significantly, but we haven't been facing chumps the last few weeks that people are complaining about.
    The Falcons haven't been ripping everyone, five of their seven games were decided by a single possession. The Panthers, Raiders and Redskins all played them close.
    Meanwhile, the Redskins defense is among the worst in the league, yet the Giants O struggled against it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts