+ Reply to Thread

Giants would have got demolished

Then that would be the time to get mad. Yet I do have concerns with the offense along with the others. Now Giants lost by 4 points and the problems weren't that bad. Yet I'm not satisfied cause our offense should have kept on piling up the points and only scored 13 points?

All-Pro
    I think you could easily make the case that the offense was that bad... as was special teams. I don't think the offense will continue to be as bad as they have for the past few weeks, but I don't think I have ever seen them play as bad as they have lately. Eli has thrown only 1 TD in the last 3 games and yards per game over the past two weeks is less than 200... only 125 against Pitt! The offense went from best in the league in the beginning of the year to among the worst in the last 3. It is that bad.

Just so I am not taken as overly negative... I don't believe this is how they will play the rest of the year, I do think they will get back on track. But to get on track they need to recognize there is an issue and address it.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

I'm not mad, just annoyed that they can't shake this trend of dropping the first game of the second half of the season.

Bench Player
    The fact that we never go 7-2 is bothersome

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Then that would be the time to get mad. Yet I do have concerns with the offense along with the others. Now Giants lost by 4 points and the problems weren't that bad. Yet I'm not satisfied cause our offense should have kept on piling up the points and only scored 13 points?
    We can't keep blowing are Leads.!.......Some one has to Take control of this situation !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-05-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Veteran
    I think Tom Coughlin is something like 1-10 in week 9 games

We aren't playing the Browns and Panthers anymore. These are tough teams. If we keep playing the way we are, we are bound to get demolished and demoralized.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    We can't keep blowing are Leads.!.......Some one has to Take control of this situation !
    Until we get rid of that mentality that it is wrong to score a lot of points on a team, Giants are going to keep on losing. I have been saying for many years posting here that we need to be able to score a lot of points in one game a lot of times to win. I call it run up the score on teams. We get a td, we get another one and so on even with big leads and no worry about controlling the time clock. I agree with what you have said and I think the Giants Offense tried to put up the points but failed cause the players didn't do enough.

this was just a bad game all around for everyone on the team!

maybe these guys were more worried about the results of Sandy than they are letting on!