+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Players Got to Play better

Look, coaching is very important but the players do need to execute as well. They didn't do that. Now if Eli is able to make adjustmeents, then it has got to be on him. Cruz and Nicks can't do it all and they do have weaknesses. This is why I said we need to use the 3 wr set as our primary set cause all of our talents on the field at the same time would help them out by increasing their chances for success. We don't have a good fb to use the two back set and not enough talented Tes for a two te set. The wrs are the strong points and they are not getting it done. Yet it is not their fault though cause the backs aren't being used as receivers. This could fall on Eli if he is able to make adjustments.

Our defense did very well but the Steelers Offense is good to. Our offense didn't help the defense out so that should fall on the players not the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Look, coaching is very important but the players do need to execute as well. They didn't do that. Now if Eli is able to make adjustmeents, then it has got to be on him. Cruz and Nicks can't do it all and they do have weaknesses. This is why I said we need to use the 3 wr set as our primary set cause all of our talents on the field at the same time would help them out by increasing their chances for success. We don't have a good fb to use the two back set and not enough talented Tes for a two te set. The wrs are the strong points and they are not getting it done. Yet it is not their fault though cause the backs aren't being used as receivers. This could fall on Eli if he is able to make adjustments.

Our defense did very well but the Steelers Offense is good to. Our offense didn't help the defense out so that should fall on the players not the coaches.
    This has been a trend that, should it continue, will make it extremely difficult to repeat. We are still well placed in the Division but we can't win playoff games with the effort we've seen lately.

Yesterday , the defense played well enough to win the game but the offense hung them out to dry.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This has been a trend that, should it continue, will make it extremely difficult to repeat. We are still well placed in the Division but we can't win playoff games with the effort we've seen lately.

Yesterday , the defense played well enough to win the game but the offense hung them out to dry.
    Maybe I over estimated the talent on this team. I thought Hixon would be a threat along with Reuben and the backs in the passing game, but I've seen nothing special from them.

All-Pro
    Or are they just not that good? The defense has really not been that good this season. Now they have no offense and for some reason they are intentionally trying to get worse by starting Diehl.

Red face

"The Players Got to Play better" Humm?
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Or are they just not that good? The defense has really not been that good this season. Now they have no offense and for some reason they are intentionally trying to get worse by starting Diehl.
    It seems like they aren't that good but something has got to give. Giants beaten the 49ers and now the seem to like vanish. They are not doing what I said they needed to do and that is score a lot of points. I guess they aren't that type. I'm hope that I am wrong next week.

True.............you have said that before..............But no one listens !

Veteran
    No, no they didn't. Making Redman look good means they played like crap. There still seems to be quite a bit of confusion on the defense. It still relies on the pass rush as its primary pass defense. The best way to negate a pass rush is quick passes, yet they're playing soft zones so the other teams can keep dink and dunking it down the field.

good coaching is essential to win nfl games. players are motivated 1st by coaching 2nd by teammates and 3rd for themselves!

yesterday players in all phases failed to do their jobs. the offense and special teams sucked all game and the defense let us down in the 2nd half imo.

we have good enough players in most positions but execution or lack of it is the real cause for the demise yesterday.

noone seemed interested in the game yesterday thats why i look at it as a "collective" letdown by everyone! we'll get back and this 3rd loss will be forgotten in a coupla weeks.

this is the old fan crutch.

our players are fine, its the coaches.

if its the coaches, then you're one or two moves away from being 'fixed'.

if its the players, then you've got a much bigger problem.

and we've got a much bigger problem.

all of a sudden, when we're not considered the underdog anymore, we start to suck.

i just don't understand the mentality of this team sometimes.