+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Linebacker Michael Boley Says "Poor Tackling" Allowed Steelers' Running Back

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1196694

Excerpt: "Michael Boley knew it was coming. The Giants linebacker said he knew the Steelers would “come in here and try to establish the run.”

What he didn’t know was that his defense would miss tackle after tackle on third-string tailback Isaac Redman, allowing the unheralded back to rush for 147 yards and a score in Sunday’s 24-20 loss to the Steelers at MetLife Stadium.

“Poor tackling,” Boley said. “We just didn’t stop it.”

For the second time in three weeks, an opponent exposed the Giants’ greatest defensive flaw: An inability to stop the run. Redman entered the game averaging 2.5 yards per carry, but averaged 5.7 yards per tote against Big Blue.

It had nothing to do with the scheme, either, said defensive end Osi Umenyiora. The Giants simply didn’t tackle.

“We missed tackles, that’s what happened,” he said. “People were in their gaps and where they were supposed to be; we were in the right position to make plays. We just didn’t make them. It’s unfortunate.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Thanks for that explanation captain obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Thanks for that explanation captain obvious.
    Feeling down, Bunky?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Feeling down, Bunky?
    Lol. Yeah. Watching him bounce off of Giants tacklers like they where wearing rubber wasn't obvious enough that they couldn't tackle. We needed an explanation.

All-Pro
    Tackling has been an issue all year... sounds like they should run some basic tackling drills to remind them how it is supposed to be done?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Their 3rd string guy looked better than any guy we have