+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

KILLDRIVE 3rd and 1

I am tired of seeing the 3rd and 1 play that is an intermediate to deep throw. I have never seen it work! It is not fooling anyone, try running the ball in that situation for a change. That play is about as predictable as the shotgun draw. (Which I haven't seen in a while)

He ran 3 shotgun draws in a row yesterday.

Veteran
    Guess the red type didn't work, I was attempting to be sarcastic.

I didn't see three in a row, but I was putting away groceries for part of the game. He ran it though.. on a REALLY long down. I hate how he uses the draw. That's when he should be using the screen pass.

Quote Originally Posted by npd4432 View Post
    I am tired of seeing the 3rd and 1 play that is an intermediate to deep throw. I have never seen it work! It is not fooling anyone, try running the ball in that situation for a change. That play is about as predictable as the shotgun draw. (Which I haven't seen in a while)
    ran a shotgun draw on 3rd and 1 yesterday and converted

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Wow, he usually runs it when we're 15-20 yards deep on third down!

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    3rd and 2. Yeah, he finally learned in the 4th quarter. Too bad he will go back to chuck and duck next week on 3rd and 1.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

I know Hynoski is a good fullback, but I swear there are times I want to see one of our defensive tackles come in and run block on short yardage. Hell get Hynoski and Joseph in there together.

Quote Originally Posted by npd4432 View Post
    If you haven't seen it work then you haven't been paying close enough attention.

I posted about the 40 yarder to Cruz that went for a score on 3rd and 2; from our own 19; under 7 minutes in the 4th; when we were down against Tampa Bay. I didn't like the play then, and since then we've seen it fail more often than not.

But of course when it works you get some on hear who think it's a walk in the park. Obviously it's not.
    Last edited by Roosevelt; 11-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.

The Steelers run out the shotgun sure seemed to work.