+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was Sullivan the true genius behind ELIte?

It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

The whole offense took one giant (no pun intended) step backwards. Eli and company.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?
    55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.
    Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...

Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

stupid post
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    stupid post
    How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.

After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue2180 View Post
    After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.
    True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...

True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...
    Rodgers completed 46.7% of his passes yesterday (albeit, in a win).

Let's assume arguendo, Eli is not actually elite? Who cares? He's shown he's capable of playing great to elite. He's capable of winning football games and he's capable of winning Super Bowls. He's the best quarterback I've ever watched in a Giants uniform (including Simms) and I know someday I will long for the days of Eli Manning.

Yes, he's had two bad games. If that persists, we have a problem. Right now I'll take it as Eli not playing well for two games, and have confidence he'll bounce back in the long run.

Veteran
    Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...
    Absurd! 4 good games doesn't make a career year. I fully expect Freeman to disintegrate back down to mediocre at best as the season progresses. If you don't you are wearing rose colored glasses.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35