+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Absolute #1 Need for the New York Giants

feel free to discuss what you think is the 1 thing that would make this team a contender (or say that they're too far from contending for one thing to make a difference).

I'm leaning towards the latter, but if i had to pick one thing its passionate roster leadership.

Since AP and Strahan left this team, we've had variations of the same problems, late season swoons, horribly flat performances in huge games, massive confusion on defense, no passion on or off the field.

while i think you could make an argument for coaching, the ability of this roster to tune out the coachings staff means its only a matter of time before it finds a reason to tune the new coaching staff out.

that's harder to do when someone's waiting at your locker to tear you a new one, pick you up when you're starting to fold, and tell you to get in freakin' line when you need to.

more than anything, more than positional talent or coaches, this team needs respected onfield leadership again.

Re: Absolute #1 Need for the New York Giants

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

feel free to discuss what you think is the 1 thing that would make this team a contender (or say that they're too far from contending for one thing to make a difference).

I'm leaning towards the latter, but if i had to pick one thing its passionate roster leadership.

Since AP and Strahan left this team, we've had variations of the same problems, late season swoons, horribly flat performances in huge games, massive confusion on defense, no passion on or off the field.

while i think you could make an argument for coaching, the ability of this roster to tune out the coachings staff means its only a matter of time before it finds a reason to tune the new coaching staff out.

that's harder to do when someone's waiting at your locker to tear you a new one, pick you up when you're starting to fold, *and tell you to get in freakin' line when you need to.

more than anything, more than positional talent or coaches, this team needs respected onfield leadership again.

[/quote]

A NEW GM WHO CAN LOAD THIS TEAM WITH QUALITY DEPTH SO THEY FINISH STRONG DOWN THE STRETCH INSTEAD OF FOLDING LIKE A CHEAP KITE EVERY YEAR SINCE EO RETIRED.

Remember the SB run was with basically 80% of EO's players not JR's. JR has missed on so many draft pics & trades it's depleted this team & it's be showing up late in seasons for the last 3 years.

BOOK IT.

With the exception of the 2007 championship run, we had a lot of the same nonsense going on when Strahan and Pierce were here . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]With the exception of the 2007 championship run, we had a lot of the same nonsense going on when Strahan and Pierce were here . . . . .[/quote]

If you have 53 really good players you'll be around at the end of the season as you were in the 1st of the season.

Take the Pack last year with all the injuries & the back up coming in & playing up to par as the starters had before them.

We need quality depth & the Absolute #1 need for the NYG's is quality depth at all positions.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

that's harder to do when someone's waiting at your locker to tear you a new one, pick you up when you're starting to fold, and tell you to get in freakin' line when you need to.

[/quote]

No question.

The Giants have a players counsel I believe, so the Coach talks to the counsel and they talk to the rest of the team.

I have little faith with any player on this current team to be a true leader. Eli is a leader by example but he's not an "in your face" type guy. Tuck is always hurt so his words are meaningless.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

I'm going with LBers still... but first and foremost we need a competent DC
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

I just posted something similar in another thread. I wish Mrs. Tollefson was the assistant coach of WTF! She'd get these clown in line.

You need several layers of "leaders" in any organization. We don't have the first level of leaders and it shows.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

#1 need...

a set of ****ing balls...........

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

# 1 ...........a new DC .......someone who respects the proud traditions of DEFENSE of the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS

sorry Perry , your D has been a disgrace to the franchise
    Non Omnis Moriar

Bench Player

[quote user="UK-Giantsfan"]# 1 ...........a new DC .......someone who respects the proud traditions of DEFENSE of the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS

sorry Perry , your D has been a disgrace to the franchise[/quote]

very true ..........bring back Spags ( he was a leader and had respect from the players )