+ Reply to Thread

Just a quick thought.

Would love some feedback on this from ye, and I know it's unrelated to most things at the moment...BUT

Should we ever find some better than Chris Snee whether he is a first round pick or next man up that plays better. Would Coughlin even think about Benching Snee? Seeing there's a family connection and be abit more hostility then it would be if/when benching Deihl

Snee isn't a problem at the moment, so do we really have to cross this bridge now? What if Coughlin retires before this even crops up?
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassett00 View Post
    Would love some feedback on this from ye, and I know it's unrelated to most things at the moment...BUT

Should we ever find some better than Chris Snee whether he is a first round pick or next man up that plays better. Would Coughlin even think about Benching Snee? Seeing there's a family connection and be abit more hostility then it would be if/when benching Deihl
    The line was poor yesterday but it's not like the Raiders or Chicago Bears line. We just have to trust the coaching staff with their decisions.

It would be nice to draft some linemen in the first two rounds but young linemen who actually know what they're doing are hard to find. Sometimes, you're better off going with a journeymen (Locklear) or a franchise staple like Diehl and Snee. It's not like there's 20 guards in the league better than Snee you know.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CuseGirl View Post
    The line was poor yesterday but it's not like the Raiders or Chicago Bears line. We just have to trust the coaching staff with their decisions.
    Yeah, I don't buy into that philosophy... obviously the coaches know more than us fans and make decisions based on things we know nothing about... but I doubt most fans will ever blindly watch a game and say "Oh well coach knows more than me". Thats part of watching a sport, second guessing the coaches
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Snee hasn't been the problem thus far so it's not even really a relevant question.

But if he becomes a problem and TC thinks he has someone better to replace him? Well I do not doubt for a second that he would not hesitate to bench him.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy into that philosophy... obviously the coaches know more than us fans and make decisions based on things we know nothing about... but I doubt most fans will ever blindly watch a game and say "Oh well coach knows more than me". Thats part of watching a sport, second guessing the coaches
    I do it all the time. But it's harder and harder to question them after 2 titles.

During the game, the whole time me and father complain about the linebackers and the secondary. My father hates the entire back 7. He think Osi is awesome and anytime he asks for more money, "Pay da man!" (that's a direct quote). He says "Reese doesn't pick the right guys in certain positions" and sometimes I feel that is true: they've spent picks on defensive backs and none of them are elite athletes or savvy in coverage. But still, Eli and those receivers and the pass rush (when they're so inclined) do win games. So it's hard to argue with...

Snee isn't all that he is hyped up to be but he is good enough to not worry about for now. It is a real concern if a great prospect develops and deserves the PT but TC refuses to bench Snee. Until this week I though TC would play the best player. This Diehl thing is a serious concern and will be a problem if he starts next week.