+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking ahead, Giants might miss the playoffs.

With our offense in a slump, the defense not stopping anything, the special teams now looking like crap, and two fat dummy coordinators with no in-game adjustment skills, it's going to be a rough ride yet again for the remainder of the season.

@ Bengals - Unless the offense gets out of the slump, it might not even be close.
    Packers - As if this defense will stop the best QB in the league, a sure loss.
    @ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this one will be a loss.
    Saints - Might be a shoot-out but Brees is better at that than Eli.
    @Atlanta - This game will be a turning point for the better or worse, it would be best if Atlanta is still undefeated.
    @Baltimore - This is the only game I feel confident about, but things might get dicey if Flacco shows up to play.
    Philadelphia - It would be ideal to have the playoff spot locked up before this game and make this game as insignificant as possible.

So I'm looking at 9-7 right now in an optimistic perspective by beating Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
    That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs.
    Last edited by SuperNYGiants; 11-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Really, we just need to get our offense to show up. Eli needs to get back to the level he was last year. Cruz needs to stop dropping passes. DD needs to get back on the bench, and Bradshaw needs to follow him. Wilson and Brown need to get into the running game.

Our defense held Big Ben to 24 points, and that was with ZERO offensive help... they were barely off the field before the Giants punted again. Defense is great right now. When your defense has more TDs than your passing game and just as many as your run game, your offense is officially terrible.

If we get our offense to show up, we can easily win all those games...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I think the Giants lose to Packers, Saints, and Eagles......finish at 10-6 and division title.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

And they could turn it around and win another SuperBowl. Gilbride has two SB rings with the Giants, not bad for a fat dummy.

Incoming 15+ page hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    With our offense in a slump, the defense not stopping anything, the special teams now looking like crap, and two fat dummy coordinators with no in-game adjustment skills, it's going to be a rough ride yet again for the remainder of the season.

@ Bengals - Unless the offense gets out of the slump, it might not even be close.
    @ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this won will be a loss.
    @Atlanta - This game will be a turning point for the better or worse, it would be best if Atlanta is still undefeated.
    @Baltimore - This is the only game I feel confident about, but things might get dicey if Flacco shows up to play.
    Philadelphia - It would be ideal to have the playoff spot locked up before this game and make this game as insignificant as possible.

So I'm looking at 9-7 right now in an optimistic perspective by beating Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
    That might be good enough in the division I suppose, but I don't see them doing much of anything in the playoffs.

If they win next week...they are 7-3 at the bye....that's pretty good. All they would probably have to do is go 3-3 the last 6 games and win the division at 10-6. If they can't go .500 after the bye...they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

A win this Sunday is extremely important.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post

@ Washington - The 1st game took a miracle luck to win, this won will be a loss.

You should root for another team. I hear its nice in Atlanta right now.

Relax people, we lost one of the least important games in our schedule, only our 3rd, btw, we still lead our division by a decent margin. Not sure how this is the end of the world.

Reason to be disappointed/concerned? Absolutely. We didnt just get blown out by the2011 Skins, that is a legitimate defense we just played.

Right now, we have won twice as many games as any of our division rivals. As maddening as losses like we suffered through yesterday can be, we also have games like the 49ers and there is no reason to think we can'l beat the Saints and Eagles. I'm assuming we go into the BYE at 7 - 3
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    You should root for another team. I hear its nice in Atlanta right now.

Relax people, we lost one of the least important games in our schedule, only our 3rd, btw, we still lead our division by a decent margin. Not sure how this is the end of the world.

Reason to be disappointed/concerned? Absolutely. We didnt just get blown out by the2011 Skins, that is a legitimate defense we just played.
    ^this

well put

The 6-3 record is no where near the indication of this team's current status, the offense has been sucking for a while now, it took a 77 yard miracle pass and Dez Bryant not cutting his fingernails from being in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.