+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The emotional toll

I used to be more bummed out after losses. However, I have got to the point that i wont allow myself to care that much anymore. This team, and the other teams the last 3 years have no heart, or desire. And because of that, why should I care as much? There has been way too much talking, and complaining by these guys, and not enough doing. So, yeah I root hard, and get emotional during the game because I love the Giants. But I cant bring myself to getting down about losses anymore, because very few guys on the field seem to care.

Re: The emotional toll

[quote user="BetterthenU"]I used to be more bummed out after losses. However, I have got to the point that i wont allow myself to care that much anymore. This team, and the other teams the last 3 years have no heart, or desire. And because of that, why should I care as much? There has been way too much talking, and complaining by these guys, and not enough doing. So, yeah I root hard, and get emotional during the game because I love the Giants. But I cant bring myself to getting down about losses anymore, because very few guys on the field seem to care.
    [/quote]

Best post in a long time, couldn't have said it better myself! [B]

TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Same here and I bet it's happening inside the locker room too.

You can only have your heart ripped out so many times. Last year's Eagles game, for example.

Coughlin's tenure has been many examples of these disasters in big spots. Let's walk down memory lane.

2005 - opening round of playoffs at home - lose to Panthers 23-0
    2008 - opening round of playoffs at home - lose to Eagles 23-11
    2009 - lose last ever game at Giants Stadium with playoffs on the line -- 41-9
    2010 - meltdown against Eagles with NFC East on the line; following week no-show against Green Bay with playoffs still on the line

There's more, such as last Sunday but you get the picture.

How many of these deflating gutless no-shows can we take?

Collapses in 7 out of 8 years, we're all numbed to it by now. There are just some fans who are in denial. Maybe it won't happen for the 8th time in 9 years next season...

You get your hopes up after the 5-2 start again...

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

Yeah, it looks like only a hand full of guys are playing and really care. The rest of them are laughing at the fans and can't wait to get home and spend their millions.

Unfortunately I still get all worked up win or lose......this season more than any has taken years off my life with the last second wins and losses.......but thankfully that blowout I was hoping for came through this weekend......to bad the Giants were on the wrong end of it.

[quote user="BetterthenU"]I used to be more bummed out after losses. However, I have got to the point that i wont allow myself to care that much anymore. This team, and the other teams the last 3 years have no heart, or desire. And because of that, why should I care as much? There has been way too much talking, and complaining by these guys, and not enough doing. So, yeah I root hard, and get emotional during the game because I love the Giants. But I cant bring myself to getting down about losses anymore, because very few guys on the field seem to care.
    [/quote]

I find it hard to believe that only a few guys out of the 53 care whether they win or lose the games or not.

I guess seeing is believing but I've always thought a part of them died when they lost a game especially if it meant a chance at the playoffs.

I guess I need to take a hard look into the mirrow. I've wasted my life since Feb 2008 with visions of majesty going through my mind of another SB victory by my beloved NY Giants.

I got ill yesterday after that game but I need to really just not care anymore. Isn't that what you're saying?

How can you just care a little without going all in?
    How do you set your mind? Do you not get chill bumps all over just before the opening kickoff?

When you see Rolles laying down in front of the reciever on a 3rd & 17 how do you not let that get under your skin?

When you see Nicks not once but twice drop TD passes that you say to yourself how did he not catch it again you say that doesn't bother you anymore?

When you see Eli throwing those pics with the game on the line it doesn't really bother you?

Let me ask you if by some mirical the NYG's rise from the depths of utter defeat & march on to another SB win this year you still won't give a hoot if they win it all?

I don't know if I decided to be that way I think I'd just not watch them play anymore.

Who cares win or lose right well then you'll never have the utter thrill I went through during SB 42?

I don't know if I want to give the chance of that opportunity away. Oh I remember the Hail Manning like it was yesterday. What a play...What a victory.. What a season.

I think I'll be all in a little while longer but thanks for your insite anyway. Just not for me.

[/quote]I posted something similar years ago and I got attacked viciously by the homers here. My, how times change!

[/quote]this...i've been riding this roller coaster a long time....

The fire is gone from this team, and its not a recent thing. I haven't seen them play hard and dominate for a few years now. It sucks to get so excited to see them play every week and they just disappoint.

Hell playoffs this year? If we even get in, I am sure no one shows up to that game and we lose. It sucks Eli has had such a great year for himself with a defense that just gave up.

Yes to the OP. I agree 100% with you. For me it is a sad period as a Giant fan.

I looked forward to watching Giant football like a kid looking forward to opening up presents on X-Mas day. For me it is a big loss knowing that we care more as fans than the players do. It is like having a piece of your heart ripped out. You know it is bad when dismal performances like yesterday are no surprise. I laughed yesterday, I didn't get very upset. Just remind yourself of the players smiling and laughing as they soicalize with the opposing players after the game. I used to be ready to punch a wall then I see the players smiling and laughing.