+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I really believe we are missing Manningham more than most will admit

Look, I know some are going to throw a tantrum over this post, but it's not as though our so called 3rd WR, who ever that really is, has stepped up. Barden and Hixon have all had but one good game a piece. When we played the Panthers, their defense focused on Cruz and didn't really didn't know how to game plan against Barden. Their DB's played far off the line, which allowed Barden to catch a bunch of underneath passes. Hixon is what he is. He's simply doesn't have the speed to consistently get behind the defense. Yes, I know, he's had some good catches here and there, but if you go back and look at all the games played so far, he lacks separation speed, and he's lousy getting off the jam. It's not knock, just a fact.

Rio gave us the ability to still stretch the field, even when Cruz and Nicks were double covered. He possessed the ability to blow past most DB's. Also, please don't compare what he's doing now with SF. Different scheme, and most importantly, different QB. I know we can't bring him back, and trust me, I would in a heart beat if it were possible. Yes, he made mistakes, but doesn't Nicks and Cruz even to this day? The answer is, YES! Bennett is going to have to become more of a focal point in the scheme of things. Teams are going to do what Dallas has done until we prove we can scheme around what they are doing. I'm hoping Randal can step his game up sooner than later, but he is a rookie, and it will take more time for him to develop. What happened to Jernigan? Is he really so bad that he cannot get on the field?

I also believe Nicks will not be healthy enough this season to look like his old self. I cannot believe for one moment that he has fallen off and cannot get separation. I think many underestimated the value of Manningham, and to date, no one has replaced him. These WR's have to show that they can separate against the better defenses in the league. We won't face Tampa, Cleveland and the Panthers every week. The truth hurts sometimes, but it is what it is. Gilbride can be a dope at times, but he doesn't run routes.

He was out there on Sunday wearing #82.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I agree...........please add that to the Boneheaded Coughlin list.......forgot that one

I think Randle will eventually come on.....takes receivers a little longer than RBs to adjust to the pro game.
    Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    no we aren't.. I'd take Hixon over Manningham everyday of the week.

It's all PLAYCALLING

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post

It's all PLAYCALLING
    your Meds are waiting at the Nurses station

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post

It's all PLAYCALLING
    Can you please advise who your pusher man is? Thanks.

I'll admit it Manningham was a very explosive 3rd wide out he made teams pay. Hixon has been good this season but where has he been lately??

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I'll admit it Manningham was a very explosive 3rd wide out he made teams pay. Hixon has been good this season but where has he been lately??
    5 good memorable catches this season. Rio gave that many times in one game. His body of work speaks for itself. He's cannot separate against the better DB's.

All-Pro
    Execution is important, but even the most perfectly executed play that is poorly designed to attack the defense they are facing will fail. If every play called by any OC would work if the players executed it, there would be no great OCs, they would all be the same, relying only on the players to execute. You could just bring anyone off the street and they would perform as well as the highest paid OC in the league, assuming perfect execution by the players.

Sound ridiculous? So does saying that the OC bears no blame for the success or failure of their offense, defense, special teams or anything else for that matter. The game plan, the plays called and the execution of the play are all equally important.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...