+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Need To Panic, Eli Will Right The Ship...Again

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...vGFamKyV0lz5YN

Excerpt: "All it takes is one demoralizing defeat, a troubling pair of games where King Eli has misplaced his elite crown, for a barrage of questions from media and concerns from fans about another second-half swoon under Tom Coughlin that would sabotage the Giants’ Super Bowl defense.

Everybody chill.

In this euphoria-disaster sports town we live in, everybody rushes to the panic room first and asks questions later.There will be no second-half swoon this time.

You either believe in Eli Manning or you do not.

You either believe he is a two-time Super Bowl MVP in his prime, or you do not.
    He has righted The Big Blue Ship before, and he will right it again.

“The fact of the matter is this,” Justin Tuck said. “I’ve been in the league [eight] years, and been with Eli for all eight years. ... I really haven’t seen a guy that’s more professional about his approach ... about dissecting a defense, and getting his team in position to be successful. It hasn’t worked the last two weeks. But I’m not worried about him because of the fact that he’s probably more critical on himself than anybody is ever going to be with him so, I know he’s in the film room, I know he’s doing everything possible to get the ship righted.

“He demands that from everybody else around him, too, so ... he’s not perfect, he’s not going to go out there and throw eight touchdowns and 400 yards every game.

“But he’s definitely going to go out and [put his] best foot forward, and always do the things that are going to help this team win. Football is funny that way, when you put that much effort into things, your likelihood of being successful goes up, and I know he’s doing that, and I’m not worried about him bouncing back.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Eli is the one i'm worrying about the most right now. During the skid last year, I never lost faith in Eli. He never stopped delivering, even as the team crumbled around him. Now, not so much. He's regressed majorly. I hope it's just a slump that he can recover from, but right now he's looking like the 2010 product rather than the 2011 one...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Veteran
    Everybody has a bit of a slump. Eli, will turn things around. It's not just eli. It's bad routes by the recievrs, dropped balls, miss communication and a bit of playcallling

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eli is the one i'm worrying about the most right now. During the skid last year, I never lost faith in Eli. He never stopped delivering, even as the team crumbled around him. Now, not so much. He's regressed majorly. I hope it's just a slump that he can recover from, but right now he's looking like the 2010 product rather than the 2011 one...
    you're use of the word "regressed" and hoping "he can recover" are so way over top...

Eli has not regressed....that would suggested he has "lost it". Which he hasn't. Also why wouldn't he be bale to recover from a minor slump???

Eli will get his job done and not only that he will MAKE sure everyone else on the offense gets their job done too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you're use of the word "regressed" and hoping "he can recover" are so way over top...

Eli has not regressed....that would suggested he has "lost it". Which he hasn't. Also why wouldn't he be bale to recover from a minor slump???

Eli will get his job done and not only that he will MAKE sure everyone else on the offense gets their job done too....
    I think people were getting way too amped over Eli's stellar 2011 season. Eli WILL get the job done, but there's a reason why I needed Eli to do it again if I am to expect 2011 Eli to be the norm. Doing it once can very well be a fluke. The applies to every player. Not just Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He hasn't regressed he's just human and will get it figured out
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think people were getting way too amped over Eli's stellar 2011 season. Eli WILL get the job done, but there's a reason why I needed Eli to do it again if I am to expect 2011 Eli to be the norm. Doing it once can very well be a fluke. The applies to every player. Not just Eli.
    I hear that....but Eli didnt just have a good year last season he made step forward. You can even say that about the 2010. Not that you can remove the picks be above and beyond the 25 picks he took steps forward in reading defenses and getting the right plays going on the O for the most part. Eli is a double digit pick QB and he will be every season IMO. No way was last year a fluke. All QBSs average, good, or elite go through tough times.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The difference between good Eli and bad Eli is one thing. Calmness in the pocket.
    So in my view he can regress. the kinds of things that change his pocket presence are attitude and confidence. those things can change as they would in all human beings. When he's rushing his throws, when he's panicing a bit in the pocket and making bad decisions...thats old Eli. When he's calm in the pocket, when he makes the subtle lateral moves to extend plays, thats the good Eli.
    Its semantics I suppose. But you get what I'm saying.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The difference between good Eli and bad Eli is one thing. Calmness in the pocket.
    So in my view he can regress. the kinds of things that change his pocket presence are attitude and confidence. those things can change as they would in all human beings. When he's rushing his throws, when he's panicing a bit in the pocket and making bad decisions...thats old Eli. When he's calm in the pocket, when he makes the subtle lateral moves to extend plays, thats the good Eli.
    Its semantics I suppose. But you get what I'm saying.
    I hear you and he is human and as such will have periods of poor performance. Heck....I play Sunday morning softball and have been doung it for 15 years. I can tear it up for weeks and the play like I have never set foot on a baseball field before. **** happens.
    Take ANY QB....they all have bad stretches. The one good thing is from this past Sunday is the Eli and the O had one of his worst games in years, the D let up over a 150 in rushing, the lost the time of possession by a decent margin, the STs coverage was poor, etc....and still only lost by 4 points....
    Not going to hang my hat on that but I can take something slightly positive from it.

Eli knows things suck right now. The Kid is hard worker and will do what it takes to get it back together. Judgeing from Tuck had said in other articles Eli persistent preparation even effects how the whole team as individuals prepare....

I hear you and he is human and as such will have periods of poor performance. Heck....I play Sunday morning softball and have been doung it for 15 years. I can tear it up for weeks and the play like I have never set foot on a baseball field before. **** happens.
    Take ANY QB....they all have bad stretches. The one good thing is from this past Sunday is the Eli and the O had one of his worst games in years, the D let up over a 150 in rushing, the lost the time of possession by a decent margin, the STs coverage was poor, etc....and still only lost by 4 points....
    Not going to hang my hat on that but I can take something slightly positive from it.

Eli knows things suck right now. The Kid is hard worker and will do what it takes to get it back together. Judgeing from Tuck had said in other articles Eli persistent preparation even effects how the whole team as individuals prepare....
    I'm concerned that he has lost his calmness in the pocket. Thats a different animal. If you watch Eli last year you will see his calmness. I don't see that the last 3 weeks. I see dumb throws, not seeing defenders (which is a symptom of a lack of calmness) and just bad decision making.
    "Fixing" that kind of thing requires a look inside. Not additional film study.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi