+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

By The Numbers: Manning's Struggles

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ings-struggles

Excerpt: "Eli Manning says there's no hiding how he played against Pittsburgh on Sunday.

"Obviously, I didn't play well last night," Manning said Monday. "And there is no hiding it. I didn't play my best football. I got to play better. I think that is all I am worried about."

Manning completed just 1-of-5 passes for a yard and was sacked twice as the Steelers erased a 20-10 deficit in the fourth quarter, scoring 14 unanswered points.

But Manning also has not played up to his high standards in the past three games. He has just one touchdown to four interceptions in that span.

Manning's only touchdown in his past three games has been his 77-yard bomb to Victor Cruz with 1:13 remaining to outlast Washington, 27-23." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'd love it if we fans could find out how much of this is due to coverages, protection breakdowns, dropped passes, errant throws, down and distance, etc.

I'm sure it's a mixed bag. But I think it is more complicated than Eli simply being off.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd love it if we fans could find out how much of this is due to coverages, protection breakdowns, dropped passes, errant throws, down and distance, etc.

I'm sure it's a mixed bag. But I think it is more complicated than Eli simply being off.
    Agreed. Yes obviously his production has been down. And Eli is not the kind of player who will throw someone under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

No doubt, but, as we know, the QB gets too much of the credit and blame. It's just how it goes. Eli can and will ride the criticism out
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No doubt, but, as we know, the QB gets too much of the credit and blame. It's just how it goes. Eli can and will ride the criticism out
    Around here it always seems more of the blame. lol

Manning completed just 1-of-5 passes for a yard and was sacked twice as the Steelers erased a 20-10 deficit in the fourth quarter, scoring 14 unanswered points.

But Manning also has not played up to his high standards in the past three games. He has just one touchdown to four interceptions in that span.

Manning's only touchdown in his past three games has been his 77-yard bomb to
    Victor Cruz with 1:13 remaining to outlast Washington, 27-23.

very disturbing stats/performance/execution, etc.....not good at all......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post

Manning's only touchdown in his past three games has been his 77-yard bomb to
    Victor Cruz with 1:13 remaining to outlast Washington, 27-23.

very disturbing stats/performance/execution, etc.....not good at all......

I think the lack of a dependable running game makes it a much more difficult hill to climb every week

It's a combo: throws over or under-thrown, receivers not coming down with the ball, apparently, receivers and the QB are at times not on the same page, a non-reliable running game, and against Pittsburgh, a suspect OL, but that's really due to Diehl.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

I think the lack of a dependable running game makes it a much more difficult hill to climb every week
    This.

Our non existent running game is the root of most of our woes. It is our failing in the redzone and more recently our offense in general.

With no need to respect the run in any meaningful way better secondarys can sit all over throwing lanes and double the bigger threats. Cant even use playaction to fake the linebackers out of the way when there is no need to truly respect the run.

yet they continue to NOT change the passing game. I never bash the coaches but it seems they really do have hard time deviating from the "main" design and structure of their offense. They dont need to revamp but just adjust it as the situation calls for.....\
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch