+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants To Donate $500,000 To Aid Hurricane Sandy Victims

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "The Giants couldn't deliver a win against the Steelers on Sunday for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, but the organization is making a more significant impact off the field.

Today, the Giants announced that they are donating $500,000 to aid victims of the superstorm. The contribution will be divided evenly between the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City.

“The New York metropolitan area sustained extensive and devastating damage to its infrastructure in Hurricane Sandy,” Giants owners John Mara and Steve Tisch said in a joint statement released today by the team. “The Giants want to do everything we can to assist our neighbors, fans and friends. Toward that end, after careful consideration, we have decided to make donations to these two very worthy funds. We are in this for the long haul and will continue to assist relief efforts in our hard-hit region.”

Established by Governor Chris Christie in the aftermath of the storm, the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund is dedicated to rebuilding the devastated Jersey Shore.

The Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City is identifying immediate aid needs, including food, water, and hygiene supplies, as well as long-term relief and restoration efforts." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good for them! 500K is a pretty decent amount by just one organization. Glad to see them supporting the local populace. It wasn't just 3 years ago that I was stationed in NJ and would of been out there helping people out..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Good for them! 500K is a pretty decent amount by just one organization. Glad to see them supporting the local populace. It wasn't just 3 years ago that I was stationed in NJ and would of been out there helping people out..
    Especially since the NFL gave $1,000,000. Bravo to the Mara's and Tisch's once again. Always exuding class.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Especially since the NFL gave $1,000,000. Bravo to the Mara's and Tisch's once again. Always exuding class.
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty cheap of the NFL. 1 million by owners that make millions a year? Cheap *******s..

Should be a solid mil for the way they played on Sunday.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Hats off to the Giants organization for always doing the right thing...

They really are a community counts organization.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is what I love about the GIANTS organization. Truly cares about the fans and those in their area from the top down...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

cool....expected this news....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    cool....expected this news....
    GREAT Avatar