+ Reply to Thread

Three Sub-Par Games For Eli After 13 straight Weeks Of Playing Great

dating back to last season, playoffs, another SB ring and the first 5 weeks of this season and you're all jumping off his bandwagon already....... convinced that the 04 Eli has somehow returned and is back for good..........seriously?
    Never in my life have I seen an athlete get so little benefit of the doubt after bringing so much joy to a fan base, never missing a game, playing through injuries..... and getting up time after time while being pummeled by opposing Defenses!
    The guy has brought us 2 SB's in 5 years people.....jeez!
    I for one believe that Eli, like Rodgers, will right this ship and get back to playing like he was a few weeks ago.
    The guy has earned the benefit of the doubt, and I for one am giving it to him!
    I've been arguing in defense of Eli since the day he first came on the field, so why should I stop now.
    Trash me if you want....all I have to say in response is...... sticks and stones people ......sticks and stones!

Eli is not playing bad, his receivers are stinking it up. Cruz is cleary scared to get hit now, Nicks isn't get off coverage at all and both of them are running entirely wrong routes. Add in missing very catchable balls on the entire receiving core. Eli mistakes are limited and he's avoiding massive pressure. Eli is as elite as last year, the team around him has fallen apart.

Plus add in Bradshaw is terrible and should be down right cut, he is slow and isn't even playing up to why he is over Andre, his blocking.

He went 24 games with throwing two hundred yards second all time, first place dude had like 60three in a row lol aknt no one catching that mark imho. But yeah, think we can let two poor weeks slide

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    Eli is not playing bad, his receivers are stinking it up. Cruz is cleary scared to get hit now, Nicks isn't get off coverage at all and both of them are running entirely wrong routes. Add in missing very catchable balls on the entire receiving core. Eli mistakes are limited and he's avoiding massive pressure. Eli is as elite as last year, the team around him has fallen apart.

Plus add in Bradshaw is terrible and should be down right cut, he is slow and isn't even playing up to why he is over Andre, his blocking.
    u could ask some posters who been here awhile and theyll tell u im an eli homer to a fault...hes playing poorly hes not anywhere near the level he can be at. Yes, ur post plays a big part of that imo, but eli is still missing throws that he can make in his sleep. I will say this, some have noticed eli being a bit more visible i guess the woed would be, displaying more emotion usually after something bad happened. I think it could be eli is as frustrated as anyone with nicks and himself. One incomplete to nicks i coulda swore eli made a face id never seen before of almost like helplessness

I think Eli had a little help here...Double D the revolving door, Baas is mediocre at best when he's not nicked up, Bradshaw and Nicks nicked up....Oh and I'm sure this last week the team was at 100% after the storm. The good news is that I think things will get better....

Eli's a bum. get him out of here. We need to bring back Kerry Collins. He is the bomb digity!

I still trust him completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post

its team effort in the lack luster offense....Eli included....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch