+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our 1st Playoff Opponent

Our division is not won yet, but should we win (and it would take quite a collapse not to), it's rather obvious who our first Playoff opponent will be: the loser of the NFC North Chicago-Green Bay battle.

Let's look at it this way.

Will the Giants finish with a better record than the 8-0 Falcons? No.
    Will the Giants finish with a better record than the 6-2 49'ers? No.
    Will the Giants finish with a better record than the NFC North winner (7-1 Bears or Packers)? No.

Therefore, we WILL be the 4th seed in the NFC, just like last year, hosting a team in the Wildcard round.

So who will we host? Well let's look at the NFC Wildcard picture. It involves whoever doesn't win the NFC North (Bears or Packers), the Seahawks, Lions, and Vikings. No matter who gets the Wildcard, we can all agree that the BEST of those teams listed are the Bears and Packers, who will be the 5th seed. The other teams, like the Seahawks, Lions, and Vikings, will battle it out for the 6th seed.

Either way, you can see that we will probably be hosting either the Bears or Packers in the Wildcard round. Can it change? Of course it can. One major injury changes the entire landscape.

And personally by the way, I'd rather face the Bears. Their D is nasty, but I'd rather play Cutler than Rodgers. End of story.

Packers are most likely wildcard at this point. Their deficit on the Bears is like the Cowboys deficit on us.

That said, I think we could possibly beat out SF unless they go on a complete tear and end up 12-4. Remember we own the head-to-head tiebreaker on them this season... we only have to match them in record.

Of course, this is all predicated on us not completely blowing it in november like we usually do...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

While we're at it, we'll knock off the Falcons if no one else has done it by then. ROARR!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Packers are most likely wildcard at this point. Their deficit on the Bears is like the Cowboys deficit on us.

That said, I think we could possibly beat out SF unless they go on a complete tear and end up 12-4. Remember we own the head-to-head tiebreaker on them this season... we only have to match them in record.
    The Bears have a tougher schedule left than the Packers. The Bears still have to play the Texans, Niners, and Seahawks. The only "tough" team the Packers have left? Us. They do play each other again in Week 15 though.

As for San Fran, I hope we have a better record than them, but I don't see it happening. They still get to play the Cardinals again, Rams TWICE, Dolphins, Seahawks...all winnable games.

I have a feeling it is going to be the Bears assuming we are in the 4th spot come playoff time.

Although not important, it would be nice if we repeated from the 3rd seed. Then the team would only need to win it again from the 6th seed to be the first team ever to win the Super Bowl from all seeds I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Although not important, it would be nice if we repeated from the 3rd seed. Then the team would only need to win it again from the 6th seed to be the first team ever to win the Super Bowl from all seeds I believe.
    Yup.

1986: 1st seed
    1990: 2nd seed
    2007: 5th seed
    2011: 4th seed

Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs
    ​​​

Veteran
    Can we beat Cincy first?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants