+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

whats going wrong with perrys defensive schemes

When i watch us play i look at the defense like we need to be more aggresive that front four crap is out the window lets send them im only venting cuz i see teams play teams that we play like phi vs nawlins when we playd philthy we was real timid at comin for vick then i look at the saints send blitz afta blitz afta blitz and get home im like i kno our corners,dline,linebackers are 10 times better then da saints so wats da problem is perry scared !!!!!!!!!

scared to gamble and rides the coat tails of the amazing play making ability of our talented d players

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsacks View Post
    When i watch us play i look at the defense like we need to be more aggresive that front four crap is out the window lets send them im only venting cuz i see teams play teams that we play like phi vs nawlins when we playd philthy we was real timid at comin for vick then i look at the saints send blitz afta blitz afta blitz and get home im like i kno our corners,dline,linebackers are 10 times better then da saints so wats da problem is perry scared !!!!!!!!!
    our LBs are slow and our secondary is poor so it's easier to get rid of the ball

I think the game against the Steelers was plain and simple, the O continually went three and out, look at the 4th quarter they were out gas. I think the aftermath of Sandy also played a part in that as well.

its called poor play with regards to coverage and awful play call when it matters the most.

The worst thing you can do is play swish cheese zone against a possible future HOF QB when the game is on the line. We seem to play better when in man coverage but we've also had some broken plays when playing man. Its as if some of the players dont know who to cover at times. Anyways, whatever!

they are playing on their heels and not aggressive enough. IMO...due to the fact that they have been getting burned on cutbacks...

SO.....it comes down to discipline. They lack it
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

every blitz i saw on Sunday resulted in positive yards for the Steelers unless the ball was dropped.

we don't have guys outside the front 4 that can get after the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    our LBs are slow and our secondary is poor so it's easier to get rid of the ball
    It doesn't matter cause offenses still move the ball. Our dbs need to learn how to cover cause they aren't doing that much of a good job. Don't forget it is all about the matchups and some of those matchups don't last long. What I mean by not last long? Well some plays have the qb get rid of the ball quick. As a result, our D-line is unable to get at the qb cause the qb is able to throw the ball quick on our dbs. As a result, it doesn;t matter if we blitz or put guys in coverage, our dbss are going to get beat.

Yet I am also worried about our offense cause it should have more talent.

Our defense is really not that bad though.

Containment has been poor and guys rushing the passer have just not gotten there. Sometimes they seem to pull up, instead of pinning their ears back and going for broke. I think the lack of consistent coverage has made it difficult on the line, but also lack of pressure makes it hard for the coverage to keep on a receiver for any length of time. I think the philosophy they follow is the bend-but-don't-break philosophy which should only be used when you are up by multiple touchdowns and the game is almost over....otherwise it should be beat down city aggressiveness all the time. They wait for something to develop before they try to counter. They need to dictate the game to the opposing offense.

The defense is a read and react defense which was much maligned when Ray Handley brought it years ago.