+ Reply to Thread

My analysis of the giants' recent offensive problems

You guys need to realize that despite the fact that Eli had a great season last year, he also had some bad games I.e. both redskins games, jets game, second eagles game, etc. Everyone needs to calm down now. Eli goes through rough stretches/games and always comes out of it on the other side. The giants are not a effective, consistent dink and dump team. They rely on the deep ball which is difficult against 2 deep man press. The key is to run the ball in order to get a safety to lurk down in the box. The giants need to work back shoulder throws which have been remarkably ineffective this year despite a few to randle. Hakeem needs to get involved more even if he is injured. What happened to the fades to him in go alone situations? He had one on one coverage last game when we were held to a fg right before they came back on us. Why wouldn't Eli take a shot to Hakeem instead of randle? Also Eli has been very inaccurate on fades this year. The one that really sticks with me is the one right at the end of the half against the eagles where he threw a fade that should have been picked off. In addition, i would like us to scrap some of our 2 by 2 formations and spread teams out more on first and second down. our short passing game sucks with only 2 wrs in the game on first and second down. lbs have been jumping those curls/out routes lately. Also, playing against two of the best pass d's didn't help our cause along with our anemic run game. All in all, I think our o will rebound and Eli will work his *** off to make the necessary changes. We need to c some zone coverage for a change! Sundays game against the bengals is a must win IMO. Lets not underestimate them due to their record because they have talent on both sides of the ball. Just my take, I hope I didn't bore you.

I actually think that spreading Defense out with our three WR set is a good idea, but it's still the typical second half Giant Swoon....

the inability to use the personel in the way it should be used is a huge issue here.

I just don't understand kg love for two te two wr sets. We run the ball terribly out of it and it is so predictable. Eli is clearly better from shotgun especially with his footwork and seems to be able to move up in the pocket more with stronger more accurate throws. We need to limit these sets if we want to start scoring more tds and deliever big plays.

I think they gotta start using all there players.. I mean, u got a group of WR's whos talents seem to all mesh together into one giant cohesive unit.. Use each of there strengths, and mix and match looks and personel on the field..etc Put Barden out tehre in the slot on occasion with cruz and nicks out wide, and put jerrnigan out wide and just get creative with the looks.. I mean, defenses woulden't know what to do if u kept brining in Hixon, Barden, Randle, and Jerrnigan and also moved around Cruz as well(nicks is simply outside guy for most part).. We'd be really unpredictable...

I dont' get why u see Barden have a huge game, Randle have a huge game, Hixon have a huge game, but then when there healthy togehter, some of em play none or just a couple plays.. Mix it up more with those guys.... Spread em out and have some fun..

Put Locklear back in at T because we were pass blocking awesomely for most of the yr with him in there, and fire away!!! Of course u still run, but do it with Timely runs.. Are strength is our wr depth and ELI, and for most part, our pass blocking, so use it to our benefit! To me, its a waste if ELI's not throwing at least 35passes a game..

Killdrive is the root cause. No way diehl should have been out there when he was clearly outbeaten. We have other tons of talent that KILLDRIVE and Coughlin refuse to make use of. I am getting sick and tired of the misuse of talent on offense.

All-Pro
    I see the desire to throw deep into coverages designed specifically to stop it as the biggest issue with the offense right now. If teams are taking away the deep ball and outside receivers, that means they are leaving areas of the field and/or certain players uncovered. It is simply a matter of attacking what they are giving you. Use the backs out of the backfield, send the TE out to get the quick 5 yard pass. If you want to open up the big play. Defenses have figured out that all they have to do is stop the big pass play and stop the run.That is leaving the middle of the field and the flat exposed. Force defenses to play honest rather than letting them use the safeties to cover the deep stuff and the LBs to stuff the run.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I see the desire to throw deep into coverages designed specifically to stop it as the biggest issue with the offense right now. If teams are taking away the deep ball and outside receivers, that means they are leaving areas of the field and/or certain players uncovered. It is simply a matter of attacking what they are giving you. Use the backs out of the backfield, send the TE out to get the quick 5 yard pass. If you want to open up the big play. Defenses have figured out that all they have to do is stop the big pass play and stop the run.That is leaving the middle of the field and the flat exposed. Force defenses to play honest rather than letting them use the safeties to cover the deep stuff and the LBs to stuff the run.
    I always see drew Brees send sproles out on option routes against a lb and just stare him down while he wins the mismatch. You hardly see Bradshaw ever run a real route on third down he always blocks which is predictable and allows the guy covering him to drop into coverage also. Just imagine Wilson against a lb in man coverage. Creativity is severely lacking.

All of you guys are RIGHT ON THE MARK -

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    the inability to use the personel in the way it should be used is a huge issue here.
    Wheres David Wilson??