+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Key to the Giants winning is..

Telling the players that its the month of December and not November.

What the hell is up with this team and November? Are they taking a break? Its like they have sick days piling up that will expire by the end of November and they end up taking a vacation that month. You know if you dont use em, you lose em.

seriously though, WTF?

Anyways, if the Giants want to go far this year, its going to take a lot.

The defense has to be able to play well in the back 4. They are too opportunistic. Take overs are great, playing well when it matters the most is whats more important. Too many WR are getting open and at the worst possible moments in the game. This has to do with both the play calling (the swiss cheese zone) and the players having mental/physical break downs.

The pass rush is fine. Very little, if any, would need improvement.

Our Run D has been suspect IMO. We show up one week, fall a sleep the next. To me, the most important thing to do as a defense, is stop the run. You make the offense you are facing one dimensional and it gives you a better shot at getting off the field. Limiting the team in TOP; which can be really important for a TC coached team.

Our Offensive play calling is bordering on being as bad as the Jets. It does NOT bold well for a team when its fans know whats coming. If your run game isnt working, you need to improvise. Simply just trying to throw the ball deep isnt an answer; especially when your Nicks isnt a burner to begin with and he has a bad knee. Luckily he is almost relatively healthy (for NFL standards). With the personnel the Giants have, why are we not utilizing it? You have guys like Bradshaw and a dynamic Wilson who can catch the ball. You're afraid of his propensity to fumble? Heres an idea, get him in the open field. Design plays to help this team when it is not capable of running the ball. Use these guys as decoys as well. When the defense has more players, and plays to key in on, it makes it easier to hit your WR down the field. Mix up your formations as well. Try something out of another teams playbook, and try not to be afraid of the results. Is this due to poor game planning? Yes. Who decides what plays should be run and what plays shouldnt? Does Eli have a lot of input here? I think he does, but who makes the final call? Is it KG or TC? Trying to find out who to point blame at with regards to this offense inability to do anything out of the obvious. Then again, its not like knowing will help matters.

Our run game. Bradshaw , to me, isnt more than a backup at this point. Brown runs hard and well between the tackles but he isnt used enough in the game for us to know if hes the guy who can take over. I really dont have any answers here. Maybe its Brown? Maybe Bradshaw is hurt in more ways than we know? What I do know is that if the Giants run game isnt working, an innovative game plan can help force it to get going. Going back to my point earlier, the Giants need to be a bit more creative. The only thing i can think of is they do not feel comfortable (or confident) doing so.

If the Giants can find a way to start working from a point of strength, with regard to its offensive personnel, they will be a heck of a lot more successful as an offensive. We have playmakers on this team, yet we play as if we have a bunch of TEs playing wideout.

This simply isnt about "just play better". Playing better isnt the problem. The play calling on both sides are.

The Bengals arent a good team by any means, but if the Giants dont find a way to change things up, success will NOT be in their future.

Thats my take on it. I could elaborate more on what some of the issues are but I'd end up writing a book by the time Im done.

Veteran
    No offense, but your post is too long. Can't read it.

At least we have the by weak in November....

I wrote it and I dont feel like reading. This would have been more in dept but that would have made it impossible for anyone to read. anyways, to summarize

The defensive play calling is a problem; as well as the back 7 ability to cover

The offensive play calling is unimaginative and you have people in the stands calling your plays before the snap. Never a good sign

We need to do something creative to force the run game to get going. Simply just running up the middle isnt working.

We have the personel to be very explosive and creative, yet we play call as if we have TE at every position. Is Eli the one making these calls or is it KG or TC who has the last call on the offensive game plan?

Also, we need to hypnotize our players into believing it is december and no novermeber. It might help...cough cough ahem joke!

Veteran
    Haha, December. LOL. I would also like to know if Eli is calling the plays. Don't think so tho by some of his reactions. I agree, play calling is unimaginative, on both ends. We seem to be in a rut.

random comment but Tynes needs to strengthen his fu%#$king leg too! lol

Release Tynes and trade for Matt Prater in the offseason, problem solved.

In case anyone want to dispute Prater, he could kick it 60 easily in this stadium. He has thors hammer for a foot. Hes also is NOT being utilized in an offense maned by Peyton.

Wearing the " Road Warrior Whites " could be the KEY !

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    Release Tynes and trade for Matt Prater in the offseason, problem solved.

In case anyone want to dispute Prater, he could kick it 60 easily in this stadium. He has thors hammer for a foot. Hes also is NOT being utilized in an offense maned by Peyton.
    If our solution is to get a better kicker... we are in more trouble on offense than I thought!

I agree with this post, there is plenty of blame to spread around and it starts with coaching staff then works it's way down.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    If our solution is to get a better kicker... we are in more trouble on offense than I thought!

I agree with this post, there is plenty of blame to spread around and it starts with coaching staff then works it's way down.
    my reply was in regards to the post about Tynes. Tynes is not why the Giants have played horribly. A poster said he wanted tynes to have a stronger leg, I simply replied with a solution to that. Thats it