NFL Power Rankings:
NFL Power Rankings: Chicago Bears Are On The Rise But Showdown With Houston Texans Will Show How Good They Are
Excerpt: "While the unbeaten Falcons keep quieting the nay-sayers to deserve their No. 1 perch, a realistic look at the strengths and weaknesses of the teams leads to the conclusion that the top 10 aren't separated by that much at all.
Case in point: the Steelers win over the Giants. We've dropped the Giants to No. 4 from No. 3 and moved the Steelers up from No. 10 to No. 9. But a case can be made that the Steelers are actually the better team as they stand now.
Meanwhile, we moved the Bears up two spots into third. We will know soon enough about that decision as they host the No. 2 Texans in a battle of 7-1 teams Sunday night.Here's the rundown:
1. (Last week - 1) Falcons (8-0): Maybe people will start respecting them.
2. (2) Texans (7-1): Showdown in Windy City next.
3. (5) Bears (7-1): See above. It will show how good they really are.
4. (3) Giants (6-3): Strange to see them outmuscled. But they were in fourth quarter.
5. (4) 49ers (6-2): Alex Smith, aside from Giants stinker, has stepped up.
6. (6) Packers (6-3): Let us not forget they should be 7-2.
7. (7) Patriots (5-3): Can Belichick handle Aqib Talib? Moss worked out, Haynesworth didn't.
8. (9) Broncos (5-3): John Fox returns to Carolina this week with the much better team.
9. (10) Steelers (5-3): Overcame a lot to beat Giants, including bad calls. They've turned the corner.
10. (8) Ravens (5-2): Ugly wins keep coming." Read more...
About right, I think.
I'm looking forward to that Bears/Texans game