+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why the hell is Diehl evening playing

The reason the Giants are likely to collapse for the remainder of the season is because they consistently play players that shouldn't be out there. Killdrive needs to be replaced. This guy has arguably one of the deepest and most talented offenses in the league and he keeps playing the same vanilla garbage that will never completely dominate a good team.

Diehl is not even a natural tackle who always struggles against good teams, why is this guy who is still injuried playing when we had such great success in the on the oline. We lost the pitts games because of Diehl's inability to block.

Bradshaw - AGAIN we play this guy who can't run. Coughlin needs to address to every Giant fan why he continues to use Bradshaw with a healthy brown and wilson. It was clear at the end of the game that Bradshaw had absolutely no legs left to either block or run. We will lose the season because killdrive can not come up with anything new using an explosive dynamic player like wilson and because Coughlin continues to use injured players.

I expect a collapse for the remainder of the season.

He's playing in the evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    He's playing in the evening?
    Night owl
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Here are PFF's grades for the left side (minus Kevin Boothe) and right side of the OLine in the Steelers' game:

Offense (Best)

Martellus (Bennett (+2.7) ... Had a +3.1 score in run-blocking.

Will Beatty
    (+2.5)

Offense (Worst)

David Diehl
    (-2.0) ... Surrendered a sack, a hit on Eli Manning and two hurries.

Chris Snee
    (-2.5) -- The fact that Snee and Diehl line up next to each other tells you where the difficulties came from in the offensive line on Sunday.

Eli Manning (-4.1)
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    While I can agree with your statements about DD, I don't buy the total collapse of the team.

While Bradshaw wasn't stellar, Brown didn't exactly light up the field against the Steelers either. They both averaged less than the 3.5 pc minimum you strive for. Would that change if Brown had more opportunities? I have no idea... you won't find out unless they run more than 3 plays per drive.

The offense is having problems, but I think it has more to do with play selection and how defenses are playing them than anything. They are stuck on the run/deep pass philosophy and have gotten away from using the TE and RBs in the short to intermediate passing attack. They have essentially become what all defenses try to make opposing offenses, one dimensional.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

i posted on diehls twitter he should be benched..... hopefully i got in his head a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    The reason the Giants are likely to collapse for the remainder of the season is because they consistently play players that shouldn't be out there. Killdrive needs to be replaced. This guy has arguably one of the deepest and most talented offenses in the league and he keeps playing the same vanilla garbage that will never completely dominate a good team.

Diehl is not even a natural tackle who always struggles against good teams, why is this guy who is still injuried playing when we had such great success in the on the oline. We lost the pitts games because of Diehl's inability to block.

Bradshaw - AGAIN we play this guy who can't run. Coughlin needs to address to every Giant fan why he continues to use Bradshaw with a healthy brown and wilson. It was clear at the end of the game that Bradshaw had absolutely no legs left to either block or run. We will lose the season because killdrive can not come up with anything new using an explosive dynamic player like wilson and because Coughlin continues to use injured players.

I expect a collapse for the remainder of the season.
    did you expect the 2 SB wins???
    or did you bail in those years as well...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    i posted on diehls twitter he should be benched..... hopefully i got in his head a little bit.
    Yea, tell him to go to TC and admit he can't do it anymore and for the good of the team put Locklear back in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    Killdrive needs to be replaced
    Gilbride is not the problem. If the OL can't give Eli time to throw or open holes for the run game, it doesn't matter who the OC is or what play is called.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    did you expect the 2 SB wins???
    or did you bail in those years as well...
    The giants first super bowl came with them finishing with a pretty good record and it came after they started 0-2. So take those first two losses out and the giants had a pretty good winning streak.

Last year, the Giants were playing great football at this point. week 5 loss could have been a win if the ball doesnt deflect off Cruz hand and go for a pick 6. We were a couple yards away from winning that game

Week 10 is the next loss we had and that could have resulted in a win if not for a tipped pass on 4th down. A pass going to a wide open receiver. That week 10 loss came against the 49ers (arguably the best team in the NFL at the time).

We won games in miraculous fashion that year and had super star seasons from players coming out of no where.

Do not compare the piece of $hit play you see this year, to last years team. We actually had fight and heart last year. This years team has been playing like crap compared to last year, and thats with us losing to the redskins twice. Which btw, were the only losses that looked pathetic. This year, we have wins that looked pathetic coupled with losses. Just like the eagles 3-1 start, this teams wins are a mirage so far. Its no surprise that the only good team we beat this year was the 49ers