+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

News, notes, rumors, and gossip: Thursday, November 8, 2012

HERE NOW THE NEWS

EXCERPTS FROM EXTERNAL NEWS ARTICLES REGARDING THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS ARE POSTED UNDER THEIR SOURCES. MISCELLANEOUS SPORTS ARTICLES ARE POSTED UNDER THE "MISCELLANEOUS" SECTION AT THE END OF THE THREAD. LINKS FOR ALL LISTED SOURCES ARE INCLUDED TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO INDEPENDENTLY BROWSE AT THEIR LEISURE.

NEWARK STAR LEDGER

Giants' Eli Manning Got Bengals' Scouting Report from Brother Peyton

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Eli Manning isn't just studying recent film of the Bengals this week. He also received a scouting report from the quarterback of the Bengals' last opponent: Older brother Peyton Manning, whose Broncos won at Cincinnati, 31-23, last Sunday.

"Yeah, I talked to him a little bit," Eli Manning said Wednesday. "I talked to him (Tuesday) about their game. Just seeing if there are any tips on certain things. We talked a little bit."

This is just the third time Eli and Peyton Manning have played the same opponent in consecutive weeks." Read more...

Bengals' AJ Green Says Giants' Defense "Has A Lot Of Holes"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "The Giants have proven to be susceptible against the pass this season. They do, after all, rank 26th in the league in passing defense. They've struggled against a variety of targets from No. 3 wide receivers (Kevin Ogletree) to tight ends (Jason Witten). So it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green thinks there are opportunities to be had on Sunday.

“I feel like they’ve got a lot of holes in their defense,” Green said in a radio interview on WFAN this morning.

If anyone should be confident, it should be Green. The second-year wide receiver is tied for the NFL lead with eight receiving touchdowns, is sixth in receiving yards (735) and seventh in receptions (51)." Read more...

##

Practice Notes: Nicks, Phillips Lead No Shows

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-lead-no-shows

Excerpt: "Nobody expected Kenny Phillips (knee) and Hakeem Nicks (knee) to practice on Wednesday. Tom Coughlin had already said Phillips would be rested through the bye week, and he'd already announced that Nicks wouldn't work.

But that was just the start of the Giants' injury issues. G Chris Snee (ankle) also did not practice, although he was seen in the weight room, and Jacquian Williams (knee) was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile, LB Chase Blackburn (hamstring), who missed last week's game, worked off to the side. He seemed to have solid range in his hamstring, able to backpedal and then push off on one drill, but it was hard to tell how much he was truly exploding off his injured hamstring." Read more...

SITE LINK

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Giants Putting In Extra Work Trying to Get Eli Manning Back In Synch With WR's, Especially Victor Cruz

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1198485

Excerpt: "Eli Manning dropped back and watched Victor Cruz working against a single cornerback on an empty football field. Manning delivered a throw in rhythm.

The routine continued over and over again. It’s a simple one-on-one drill that is performed regularly in training camps. But this is what it’s come down to for the Giants’ struggling aerial attack.

On Tuesday Tom Coughlin met with Manning to discuss the Giants’ recent offensive doldrums. And then on Wednesday, midway through the regular season, the Giants took a mid-practice break from their preparations for Sunday’s game against the Bengals to work through a training-camp drill.

“We just threw it in,” Cruz said. “Once the season starts, we normally don’t do that as much as in training camp. We just threw it in there, just to get some timing down.”

It’s all because a high-flying air attack has been grounded for the better part of four games. Since his 259-yard, three-TD effort against the Browns on Oct. 7, Manning has averaged just 211.8 passing yards per game. He has thrown just two touchdown passes against four interceptions in his last four games, gradually falling off after a brilliant start to the season.

The breaking point came Sunday against the Steelers. Manning passed for 125 yards, his lowest game total since throwing for 111 yards against the Bills on Dec. 23, 2007. Cruz and Hakeem Nicks combined for 77 receiving yards, the second straight week that they managed less than 100 yards.

Manning’s meeting with Coughlin was simple, the coach said, and the two discussed “fundamentals and about getting us going.”

“Just how to get back on track, get back to playing at a high level,” Manning added. “Both of us want the same thing, for our offense to get back rolling and start scoring some points.” Read more...

Myers: Giants' Eli Manning Could Sure Use Some Help From Brother Peyton Who Shredded Bengals Defense

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1198496

Excerpt: "Eli Manning can watch tape of the Bengals game last week and have it come to life with his big brother Peyton narrating.

One week ago, Peyton and the Broncos were in Cincinnati. On Sunday, Eli and the Giants are in Cincinnati. They speak all the time, but their talk on Tuesday likely had a greater sense of urgency: The Manning brothers play eight common opponents this season — the Giants and Broncos are playing the AFC North and the NFC South — and they’re doing it back-to-back against the Bengals.

Eli can pick Peyton’s brain about the Cincinnati defense while the Bengals are still fresh in his mind. Peyton was 27-of-35 for 291 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions in the Broncos’ 31-23 victory last week.

“Sometimes it’s nice to have a quarterback to talk to who just played the game, and some of their ideas and some of their tips and preparations,” Eli Manning said Wednesday. “We have a little bit different styles of offense, but there always might be a tip or two that you might have eventually found. But coming in, you can look for certain things. So we definitely talked a little bit. And then they’re playing Carolina, who we’ve already played, so I’m trying to give some thoughts from mine as well.”

The back-to-back happens again in December when Peyton is at Baltimore Dec. 16 and Eli shows up there Dec. 23. There’s no situation this year when Peyton immediately follows Eli against a common opponent. The Mannings often see things the same way, so when they talk X’s and O’s, there’s a lot of common ground.

“It could be helpful,” Eli said. “Just maybe there’s an idea or two, or if there’s a certain look that they give, or if there were any tips to know what was coming or when it was coming. So that can always be helpful. But again, we’re not doing the exact same thing in our offenses or in our plays, but it can be helpful just to get thoughts from another player.” Read more...

SITE LINK

THE NEW YORK POST

Giants Counting On Will Hill Return

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...SZLUWobsIsa09M

Excerpt: "This past Sunday was the last day of Will Hill’s four-game NFL suspension, and with the Steelers delivering three huge special teams returns that afternoon, the Giants safety took some flak.

“You’re just like, ‘Aggghhh!’ And then the people who were at my household, looking at me like, ‘Yeah, you know you’re supposed to be right there, right?’ ” Hill said yesterday. “They’re beating me up, while I’m beating myself up.”Hill’s absence was felt in the Giants’ loss, and his presence will be needed on multiple fronts this week. Ineligible the last four games because of his suspension for Adderall, Hill was back at practice yesterday and should be activated for Sunday’s game against the Bengals. He will not only be valuable on special teams — he’s a gunner on coverage — but he should be the Giants’ third safety, replacing Tyler Sash in an important role with Kenny Phillips slated to be out again.

Phillips has missed the last five games with a knee injury, and coach Tom Coughlin revealed yesterday the plan is for Phillips to miss a sixth game this week, then perhaps return after next week’s bye to face Green Bay. Coughlin said it was “not a setback,” but either way, the Giants will have Antrel Rolle and Stevie Brown starting at safety against the Bengals, while Hill should be the third safety.

“[Hill’s] a playmaker and he’s an athlete,” Rolle said. “Will played some great football for us while he was here with us.”

Hill, who attended St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City, made the team as a rookie free agent, then played in the Giants’ first five games before his suspension. Back on the field yesterday, the 22-year-old insisted he felt sharp physically.

“I felt as though this break actually gave my body a little time to rest,” Hill said, noting he worked in Atlanta with former NFL defensive back Ray Buchanan during the first week of his suspension. “Everybody out there today was like, ‘I’m jealous, man. You’ve got fresh legs.’ I’m running around everybody right now.” Read more...

Steve Serby: Eli Picks Peyton's Brain On Bengals

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...ShohYJZvIUdYbP

Excerpt: "Big brother is watching.

And helping.

And at the perfect time, when little brother is enduring a slump caused in part by the fact that Hakeem Nicks cannot be Hakeem Nicks with a swollen knee that reduced him to a spectator yesterday at practice.The football gods apparently are fond of little brother, because this Sunday in Cincinnati they have served up the Bengals — the very same team big brother carved up four days ago.If you want intimate knowledge about just about anybody’s defense, the brain you need to pick belongs to Peyton Manning, the brainiac himself.

So Eli Manning has begun picking it.“I’ll talk to him a little bit, talked to him [Tuesday] about their game ... just seeing if there’s any tips on certain things,” Eli said yesterday.Tips? You bet there are tips. Beyond the fact that Peyton was 27-for-35 for 289 yards with three TDs and two INTs in a 31-23 Broncos victory, is this juicy stat:Peyton is 8-0 for his career against the Bengals.The Manning Bros. speak every week.“We always try to help each other out,” Eli said. “They’re playing Carolina this week, and we’ll help him out well, and just general notes, general ideas. And I have some questions for him [about the Bengals], on kinda how they were gonna attack certain looks or certain styles. We have a little different philosophy in our offenses, but there are some similarities ... try to just get me ideas to toss off of him." Read more...

Nicks' Possible Absence Won't Help Finish Drives

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...e1loWCSuXBa6wL

Excerpt: "It is not as if the Giants need a GPS or even an old-fashioned road map to find the red zone. They have reached that coveted real estate 38 times this season, matching the Patriots for most trips inside the opponent’s 20-yard line. When it comes down to pushing through into the end zone, however, it’s been too many barricades and detours, especially lately.

Eli Manning and Co. have managed just one touchdown in each of the past two games, and their work inside the 20-yard line has plummeted as sharply as LIPA’s approval rating. They have reached the red zone six times the past two games and come away with just two touchdowns, dropping their red-zone efficiency to 44.7 percent — 24th in the league.

Up ahead for the Giants on Sunday is a Bengals defense that resembles a swinging door in the red zone, allowing everyone to pass on by. Cincinnati is 30th in the league in red-zone defense, allowing touchdowns on 66.7 percent of offensive trips inside the 20.

“I know they do some all-out blitz [in the red zone], we got one-on-ones, got to win those matchups,’’ said Manning, who has struggled lately even though he doesn’t like calling it a slump.

It is not going to be any easier to reach the end zone without Hakeem Nicks, who has suffered a setback with his knee. No one has declared the wide receiver out for Sunday’s game but, given the way he’s struggled with his foot and knee issues, it doesn’t look promising." Read more...

Giants' - Packers' Showdown Staying In Primetime

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...eV82he2JGaL2XN

Excerpt: "The Green Bay Packers' game at the Giants will remain on Sunday night Nov. 25.The NFL announced its flexible scheduling decision Wednesday, almost a week earlier than required, to allow fans and teams to complete travel plans for Thanksgiving weekend." Read more...
    Giants' Nicks and Phillips Suffer Injury Setbacks

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...FbSh3EZNq7swhL

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin didn’t want to call it a setback but of course it is one no matter what the Giants coach says. Safety Kenny Phillips, thought to be ready to return last week from a knee injury, has been shut down through the Week 11 bye week, meaning he won’t play Sunday against the Bengals, missing his sixth consecutive game.Phillips last week practiced each day on a limited basis and late in the week declared he would play against the Steelers. He did not. Now he’s out again, as the strained MCL he suffered in the loss in Philadelphia has not healed sufficiently to get him back onto the field.

“It’s not a setback,’’ Coughlin said. “I think what’s going to happen is we’re going to try to rest him through the bye and hopefully we can get him back.’’

In addition, receiver Hakeem Nicks has also suffered a setback. His name was finally off the injury report the past few weeks and he was able to practice after ongoing issues with his right foot and left knee. On Wednesday, Nicks was back on the injury report and Coughlin said Nicks experienced some swelling in the knee after the 24-20 loss to the Steelers. Nicks did not practice on Wednesday and at this point there is no determination as to his availability for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati.

The injury report was crowded again, with 11 players on the list. A newcomer was guard Chris Snee, who Coughlin said sustained an ankle injury early against the Steelers but remained on the field. Snee was held out of practice on Wednesday." Read more...
    SITE LINK

THE BERGEN RECORD

Giants' Will Hill Back To Work

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17...k_to_work.html

Excerpt: "S Will Hill returned to Giants practice Wednesday – he eagerly arrived at the facility at 6 a.m., two hours before his first meeting – after serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The Giants would have to make a roster move to add Hill to the 53-man roster for Sunday’s game at Cincinnati.

"I didn’t lose a step," said Hill, a rookie out of Florida after playing for St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City. "Just because I wasn’t here, I was still working. I was always grinding."

Holding back

Last week, S Kenny Phillips, who has not played since sprained his right MCL in Week 4, said he hoped to play against the Steelers. He didn’t. Now, coach Tom Coughlin has ruled out Phillips against the Bengals. The Giants have a bye in Week 11.

"It’s not a setback," Coughlin said. "I think what’s going to happen is that we’re going to try and rest him this week and then through the bye and hopefully we can get him back." Read more...

Giants' Defense Plans To Fix Cracks

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17...__Bengals.html

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin started the Giants' week on Monday by describing his defense as "soft."
    Two days later, the coach's four-letter word – worse than a curse word to the defense – still stings. And the Giants (6-3) certainly don't want to hear it again as they look to rebound Sunday against the Bengals (3-5) in Cincinnati after their 24-20 loss to the Steelers.

"I mean, that game is over," safety Antrel Rolle said Wednesday. "We're not talking about the Steelers. That's over and done with. We didn't stop the run and we didn't close out a game when we should have. Obviously, we're not happy with that performance and we must get better from it."

The Steelers rallied for two fourth-quarter touchdowns – one on a 51-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace on a short slant – as reserve running back Isaac Redman set career highs with 147 yards on 26 carries. His day included a 1-yard run for the winning score with 4:02 left in the fourth quarter.

But like the Steelers, the Bengals have a potent passing attack with an inconsistent rushing game. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who missed Wednesday's practice due to illness and does not have a 100-yard game this season, leads the Bengals with 487 yards and three touchdowns on 142 attempts (3.4 yards per carry).

Still, the Giants have concerns, especially with their defense ranked 25th in the NFL in allowing opponents 382.3 total yards per game. The Giants are ranked 19th against the run as they've allowed 118 yards per game.

On Monday, Coughlin specifically spoke about the middle of the defense when he said, "It was soft, no question. It was soft early."

But Coughlin also is wary of overcompensating for last week's deficiencies.

"You've got to be balanced," Coughlin said. "You've got to fight pressure. You've got to get off the blocks. You've got to fit properly. Sometimes the linebackers, if you extend the formations, have a couple of different things they're responsible for. So, yeah, there are things you can do. But you're rolling the dice when you do it."

Mostly, Coughlin is hoping a healthier front seven will harden the Giants' defense." Read more...

SITE LINK

NEW YORK TIMES

SITE LINK

WALL STREET JOURNAL

SITE LINK

GIANTS.COM

Safety Will Hill Returns From Suspension

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...4-d4aeb703370a

Excerpt: "Kenny Phillips will not play until Nov. 25 at the earliest.

The fifth-year safety won’t practice this week and will miss his sixth consecutive game with a knee injury Sunday when the Giants face the Bengals in Cincinnati.

“We’re going to try and rest him this week and then through the bye, and hopefully we can get him back,” coach Tom Coughlin said.

Phillips hurt his knee at Philadelphia on Sept. 30. He had practiced mostly on a limited basis the last two weeks and even declared he would play against Pittsburgh, but ultimately the decision was made that he was not ready to go. Now he’ll get another two weeks off with an eye toward returning against Green Bay after the bye.

Phillips’ absence could result in a rapid return for
    Will Hill The first-year safety returned to practice today after serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances. The Giants currently have a one-week roster exemption for Hill, which expires Monday, although he can be added to the 53-man roster any time prior to Monday. The Giants would have to make a move to create a spot for Hill on the active roster.

“(The coaches) want to see how I am right now and if I lost a step or anything,” Hill said. “So I’m just waiting on the coaches to make their call.”

Hill played in the season’s first five games on special teams and as a reserve safety. He was credited with seven tackles (six solo) on defense and four unassisted tackles on defense. Hill said he worked hard to stay in shape during his suspension." Read more...

Giants' Offense Looks To Get Back On Track

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...d-038859c02a67

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin popped into the quarterbacks’ meeting room yesterday to chat with Eli Manning. Nothing extraordinary about that. Coughlin stops by every Tuesday, the day Manning spends several hours in the small, windowless room getting a head start on studying the Giants’ next opponent.

But their latest get-together carried a bit more significance. The Giants’ offense has not been as efficient or productive the last four weeks as it was early in the year and hit a season-low in a 24-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Coughlin and Manning, as well as offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, are charged with getting the attack moving as smoothly as it did in September and early October, when the Giants were ranked second in the NFL in total yards. They are now 11th. The 6-3 Giants return to action Sunday in Cincinnati against the 3-5 Bengals.

“We had an opportunity to have a nice conversation,” Coughlin said at his news conference today. “Most of the time, it’s about fundamentals and about us getting going. What can I do to help and little things that I can tweak, in terms of practice, that may help us. He’s been very responsive with regard to that. We’ve been down this road before. He’s going to get this thing right, and get our offensive team going again and get us on track. I fully believe that, I have great confidence in his ability to do that.”

“We just had a talk,” Manning said. “Just about how to get back on track, get back to playing at a high level, anything I needed. That’s not uncommon. We talk throughout the season, we have a great relationship, and obviously, both of us want the same thing, for our offense to get back rolling and start scoring some points.” Read more...
    http://www.giants.com/

Giants' Tom Coughlin Is Confident Eli Manning Will Rebound From Poor Performances

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/07/...-performences/

Excerpt: "Yesterday here at Giants 101, we talked about how Eli Manning must rebound from his recent poor performances and get the offense back on track. As quarterback, he is the leader of the offense and the Giants will live and die by his arm. This past Sunday, Eli put up a quarterback rating of 41.1. That's just not good enough to win in the NFL. However, the general consensus is that Eli is too talented of a player to keep inhibiting the production of Big Blue's offensive machine. Today, head coach Tom Coughlinagreed with those sentiments.

Coughlin and Manning had a sit down conversation in which both player and coach agreed that Eli needs to raise his level of play. Coughlin stressed that it's imperative for Manning to get back to fundamentals and making the correct reads at the line of scrimmage.

"We talked. We've talked. Yesterday, we had a nice conversation," Coughlin said. "Most of the time it's about fundamentals and about us getting going, and what can I do to help. And little things that I could do to tweak in terms of practice that may help us. He's been very responsive with regard to that. We've been down this road before. He's going to get this thing right, get our offensive team going again and get us on track. I fully believe that and have great confidence in his ability to do that." Read more...

GIANTS 101

Status Of Giants' Hakeem Nicks Questionable For Sunday

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/08/...rk-for-sunday/

Excerpt: "The 2012 NFL regular season has not been kind to New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks. In fact, things have not been going well for the self-proclaimed "fast healer" since he fractured the 5th metatarsal in his right foot back in mid-May. And after experiencing swelling in his knee following a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, it doesn't look like week 10 is going to be any easier for him.
    "Hakeem is out there battling when a lot of guys would shut it down and conserve themselves or protect themselves," said teammate Domenik Hixon,. "He's out there playing for us. We appreciate that. He's nicked up, but he's doing everything he can to be out there."

Head coach Tom Coughlin acknowledged that this second round of swelling was a setback, but wouldn't rule out Nicks playing this week. And when asked how he was going, #88 gave the game answer he always gives: "I'm good." Read more...

Giants' Kenny Phillips Out Sunday And More From Afternoon Tea With Tom Coughlin

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/07/...-tom-coughlin/

Excerpt: "Despite the holiday season nearing, New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin wasn't very chipper as he took the podium for his weekly Wednesday press conference. Following a very disappointing 24-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, he was in no real mood to dilly-dally. Instead, his focus was squarely on Sunday afternoon and the Cincinnati Bengals. However, and per the usual, something else dominated the focus of the weekly tea session.

The pre-practice injury report was, of course, all the rage. It was especially popular this week because it included a season-high 11 players. They were, in no particular order: David Baas (ankle), Chase Blackburn (hamstring), Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), Andre Brown (shoulder), Chris Canty (groin),Hakeem Nicks (knee), Bear Pascoe (ankle), Kenny Phillips (knee), Keith Rivers (calf), Chris Snee (ankle) and Jacquian Williams (knee).Of the players listed on the pre-practice injury report, Chris Snee, Ahmad Bradshaw, Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Phillips will not practice. Andre Brown will. The remaining players were not discussed, so whether or not they practice will be determined once the team hits the field.

For Nicks, his return to the injury report is especially bad news. Coughlin said his knee has swelled up again, so they will rest him. As for Phillips, the coach says he has not suffered a setback, but will be inactive on Sunday. The team plans to rest him through the bye week." Read more...

SITE LINK

BIG BLUE VIEW

SITE LINK

SPORTING NEWS

SITE LINK

GMENHQ

SITE LINK

YARDBARKER

SITE LINK

INSIDE FOOTBALL

SITE LINK

THE RED ZONE

Giants Plan To Rest Safety Kenny Phillips Through BYE week

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...k/Default.aspx

Excerpt: "Giants safety Kenny Phillips is not expected to return until after the Giants' Week 11 bye, coach Tom Coughlin said today according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Phillips has been sidelined since suffering a right knee sprain against the Eagles in Week 4. He practiced each day last week, twice in a limited capacity, and said he would play against the Steelers, but wound up being inactive." Read more...

SITE LINK

GIANTSFOOTBALLBLOG

SITE LINK

NFL.COM

SITE LINK

SI.COM

SITE

ESPN

Coughlin Offers Helping Hand To Eli

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...g-helping-hand

Excerpt: "There are times when Giants head coach Tom Coughlin strides to the podium on Wednesdays and the words that come booming out of his mouth to kick off the next game week sound suspiciously like the basic talking points he plans to give his team. He lays out the opponent the Giants are facing, he mentions whatever lingering predicaments their last game exposed, then he gets into how they can address all of it. And as odd as it seems to say this about a man who has won two Super Bowls, the leadership that Coughlin shows in moments like this is perhaps the most underrated part of what he does.

Coughlin is a coach in the best, most complete sense of the word. Part of the job description is that the good ones sense it's time to show the way in times like this.

The first-place Giants are a perfectly respectable 6-3 heading into Sunday's game at Cincinnati. But in the wake of last Sunday's stinging loss to Pittsburgh, the latest brushfire that Coughlin has to stamp out actually feels more like a bonfire: His quarterback, Eli Manning, has been struggling the past three games.
    What to do about it is the question.And Coughlin blinked and looked unabashedly surprised Wednesday when he was asked if Manning has become so good he would just let Manning "fix himself."

"Well, no," Coughlin answered.

That's not how Coughlin looks at it at all.

If you haven't noticed, one of the hallmarks of Coughlin's Giants teams is players develop here. They just do. Players seem to get better after they get to Coughlin's Giants, and it doesn't matter if they're undrafted free agents or the No. 1 overall pick in the draft like Manning was, a freakish but raw talent like Jason Pierre-Paul or a seven-time castoff like backup running back Andre Brown, one of this season's revelations. The common thread is players just seem to rise closer to the players they're supposed to be under Coughlin and his staff. And the answer he gave Wednesday about how he's handling Manning's slump was a little insight into why." Read more...

Giants' Hakeem Nicks Experiencing Swelling In Knee

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-swelling-knee

Excerpt: "Giants' wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is experiencing swelling in his knee again and did not practice Wednesday.

Nicks had battled through pain in his surgically repaired foot and had swelling in his knee earlier in the season but appeared to be getting healthier as he wasn't on the injury report last week.

But Nicks is on the injury report now and coach Tom Coughlin said the receiver experienced swelling again.

"He did, so we are going to rest him today," Coughlin said.

Nicks walked by reporters at the team facility Wednesday and was asked how he is feeling. He said: "I'm good." It remains to be seen whether Nicks will practice on Thursday. The Giants were very cautious with Nicks when he last had swelling earlier in the season.

Nicks is one of several Giants who did not practice on Wednesday. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), linebacker Chase Blackburn (hamstring), defensive tackle Chris Canty(groin), right guard Chris Snee (ankle) and linebacker Jacquian Williams (knee) sat out practice." Read more...

SITE LINK

NBCSPORTS

SITE LINK

CBSSPORTS

SITE LINK

FOXSPORTS

SITE LINK

YAHOOSPORTS

SITE LINK

PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY

SITE LINK

PROFOOTBALLFOCUS

SITE LINK

FOOTBALLOUTSIDERS

SITE LINK

MISCELLANEOUS

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Thanks bro.
    You're welcome
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

As Always, Thanks.

looking forward to the Giants playing a complete and solid game. Need to go 7-3 into the bye.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter
    Did I miss something-where is Barden? Was he hurt that bad in the Eagle game and I passed over it?
    Hope TC has Eli's head on straight-he is the key to breaking this november curse.

Thanks for the news!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    As Always, Thanks.
    You're very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    looking forward to the Giants playing a complete and solid game. Need to go 7-3 into the bye.....
    I'm with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by Old Giant View Post
    Did I miss something-where is Barden? Was he hurt that bad in the Eagle game and I passed over it?
    Hope TC has Eli's head on straight-he is the key to breaking this november curse.

Thanks for the news!
    Barden has just not generated enough production to overtake anyone in the rotation who is ahead of him. He had that one great game but that was it. Don't be surprised if Randle doesn't get the # 3 call ahead of Barden of Nicks can't play Sunday.

thanks Roanoke!

BIG game coming up Sunday! we should make a good showing!