+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Question about Spags

I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is:

If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.

Veteran

Re: Question about Spags

[quote user="jhamburg"]I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is: If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.[/quote]

He has more of a chance to become head coach here sooner than anywhere else even if he were to be just Defensive Coordinator again at first. If anyone thinks a team that needs a head coach vacancy filled this offseason will hire him right away after being fired by the Rams they are in a fantasy land.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

Re: Question about Spags

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="jhamburg"]I don't know the inside history as much as some here might, but my question is: If we were trying to lure Spags back as DC, would Coughlin as HC make him more or less likely to come here? As opposed to an unnamed replacement HC.[/quote]

He has more of a chance to become head coach here sooner than anywhere else even if he were to be just Defensive Coordinator again at first. If anyone thinks a team that needs a head coach vacancy filled this offseason will hire him right away after being fired by the Rams they are in a fantasy land.

[/quote]

Ok I see that angle, but presumably if Coughlin isn't fired they will work together for at least one season. Do we have reason to believe Spags has a better or worse working relationships with Coughlin vs. Reid?