+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gruden/Spags/new OC

i think this is what needs to be done

Re: Gruden/Spags/new OC

Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching[/quote]
    i'm sure all coaches/managers in all sports who signs contracts with networks have an opt out clause

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching[/quote]

It is in no way exclusive inthe sense that if the guy wants to become a head coach again he will be allowed to do so. No way ESPN will force him to stay on board. They won't want that reputation.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Yes this is what prevents a coach from a COACHING oppurtunity....... cmon bro really.... he has to make sure he has a job

Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.[/quote]

This.

[quote user="KillaRich"]i think this is what needs to be done[/quote]

na i don't want to touch Gruden. Hes even starting to annoy me just listening to him once a week

i can't imagine him being our HC
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.[/quote]

This.

[/quote]

ye abut it was also his team that he just left in the superbowl

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

This.

[/quote]

ye abut it was also his team that he just left in the superbowl

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that
    [/quote]

I think you're right, but I still think Gruden is either the most overrated (or second most overrated next to Fisher) coach on the sidelines.

There's just something I don't like about him as a coach, even though I can't quite put my finger on it. If we were to go with a re-tread, I'd rather go with Cowher or even Billick (though I still want to punch him in the balls for his pre-SB comment about the Giants).