+ Reply to Thread

Eli's arm simply just tired?

I just heard Greg Cosell on the Herd w/ Colin and his opinion is that maybe Eli's arm is just tired. He's not finishing or driving through his throws...

You know I kind of wondered if Eli was hurting because his deep balls are seemingly way off lately, underthrown and such. Anyhow, figured I'd share what Cosell said on the herd.

He's been up against some fierce rush as of late. Pittsburgh not so much, but then he had DD on his line for that game. I think something might actually be getting through to him. Hopefully this "return to fundamentals" should get him back to form.

I rewatched the game on the All-22 and there were definitely some plays Eli missed. I'm not an expert but is first reads were always to the other side of the field. Maybe someone could tell me if this assumption is correct. Eli's first read is based on playcall and defensive look?

The first play of the game was a chuck downfield. He underthrew it and it easily could of been INTed. I think it was Cruz? that saved it. Had he put more on it though it could of been a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    The first play of the game was a chuck downfield. He underthrew it and it easily could of been INTed. I think it was Cruz? that saved it. Had he put more on it though it could of been a TD.
    It was Nicks....