+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hakeem Nicks: "Stats are for girls"

Nicks' stats are down so far this year. He has 27 catches for 390 yards and one touchdown in the six of nine games he's been able to play. His lone trip to the end zone came Week 2 against Tampa Bay.

"Stats is for girls. Itís football, man," Nicks said. "The season is going to be up and down. Itís about how you ride the wave and if you let it affect you. I know Iím a great football player, and weíre ready to make this run after the bye week."

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/art...ts&tid=twitter

Well that's good for me.

Sounds good Nicks....he did say after the bye I wonder if he's sitting Sunday, hmmm.

All-Pro
    He's right. However, he is hurt. So I'm not upset about his stats, I don't play fantasy football. I'm more worried that he is not healthy and playing on that knee will make it worse. He should probably sit. Lol. Watch he plays and has a career day now. I hope they know that before they make that run after the bye they have to play the Bengals.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 11-08-2012 at 04:47 PM.

i don't know about that.. I mean stats do speak volume at certain positons with WR being right up there.. I mean, if u got 1TD after 6or so games and less then 400yrds recieving adn ur as good as Hakeem Nicks, then ur simply not producing.. I don't wanna here about injury, as Calvin Johnson's been dealing witha nerve damage issue and a knee issue and has had many more games of production then Nicks has to this point, with a heck of alot more coverege..

I bet he won't be saying stats are for girls in his contract talks when hes bringing up all his big seasons with us every other sentence outta his mouth..lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    i don't know about that.. I mean stats do speak volume at certain positons with WR being right up there.. I mean, if u got 1TD after 6or so games and less then 400yrds recieving adn ur as good as Hakeem Nicks, then ur simply not producing.. I don't wanna here about injury, as Calvin Johnson's been dealing witha nerve damage issue and a knee issue and has had many more games of production then Nicks has to this point, with a heck of alot more coverege..

I bet he won't be saying stats are for girls in his contract talks when hes bringing up all his big seasons with us every other sentence outta his mouth..lol
    Megatron also has 1 touchdown this year as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Megatron also has 1 touchdown this year as well..
    ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...

Dunno how to feel bc alot of the nicks haste is knee jerk imo. Hes played in six games, if u rpoject those six games into a season hes at 80 rec. 1k yards...hes just not making the plays we have all come to expect and a large portion of his stats from this yr r from the tb game.
    i think his issue is more mental than physical. Remember how tuck was saying his injury had him hesitating and thinking when he would have just done something instinctly. Think thats the issue with nicks.
    also believe hes gonna get back to form and that itll start vs cinc

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    ya, no kidding.. I here that, but hes got a heck of alot more production with more coverege , and has played every week with nerve damage and bad knee...
    But you said that injuries aren't an excuse, I don't think that's fair.

And before Hakeem's injury, Hakeem always seemed to beat the double coverage as well.

I think that tb game and the guys stepping on his foot after his knee jammed the turf could be somewhere in the back of his mind. Football is largely mental we all know that. Nicks was out on the field, yeah maybe hes a half a step slower right now butthe nicks i know could spot the corner two steps and still destroy him.
    think this week is when he starrs piecing it together