+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home field advantage?

If we wind up winning a few more games and take the division, do you guys really think its an actual advantage to the Giants to play on their home turf? History shows that we play better on the road, remember the 07 slogan "road warriors". I don't feel comfortable in my gut that any road to the Super Bowl take place through Met Life stadium. How do you feel about it?
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

We beat Atlanta at home last year.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Maybe....I always want the Giants to play at home in the playoffs us fans deserve to see them at least win a couple home playoff games. I also like watching them beatdown teams on the road and watch their crowd go silent. Like GB last year and San Fran.... so awesome watching their fans cry on youtube.

Well we really don't have a choice, unless we intentionally tank games to allow Dallas & Philly to catch up. Which is obviously not a good idea.

I'm cool with the one home game in the WC round. Then go back on road as 4th seed and knock out the 1s and 2s again in their a buildings to get to another SB
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

if you are going to play at home anyway.....then you might as well
    get the bye and start in round 2.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    if you are going to play at home anyway.....then you might as well get the bye and start in round 2.
    byes are no good. You lose to much momentum. Look at GB last yr. Rodgers sat out their last reg season game then had the Bye. So when the upstart HOT giants team came to Lambeau Arron had not thrown a pass in a meaningful game in 4 wks. And had not played for 3 wks. The rust showed both with Rodgers and his WRs. I'd rather just keep the momentum going and play right from first weekend of playoffs. Extra game but it suites us
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    byes are no good. You lose to much momentum. Look at GB last yr. Rodgers sat out their last reg season game then had the Bye. So when the upstart HOT giants team came to Lambeau Arron had not thrown a pass in a meaningful game in 4 wks. And had not played for 3 wks. The rust showed both with Rodgers and his WRs. I'd rather just keep the momentum going and play right from first weekend of playoffs. Extra game but it suites us
    I completely agree about the bye week, I think the team loses its steam and momentum. If your going full force throughout the playoffs it's like hitting the brakes. Just look at the giants in 07 Super Bowl run, coming in full force barreling their way through the playoffs without the bye. Then when u get to the bowl, both teams have bye's so it's an even playing field.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

well then why don't you guys work through the weekend just
    so you're in shape and not rusty on monday morning.

same for your vacation week.....wouldn't want to lose your
    rhythm or competitive edge , just go ahead and work that week too.

wouldn't wan't you to get complacent or out of sync.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Bench Player
    Eli can't pass in NY. Giants are a better road team.