+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KG, PF, AND QUINN QUOTES...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...d-quinn.....KG says that they can't do what they normally do cause some people are hurt ( Bradshaw and Nicks) I say if they are hurt and you know this then why call plays that they are not able to do. They all need to simplify things and get back to playing good offensive ball.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-08-2012 at 09:42 PM.

of course they can't......so get some ****ing plays that the players who are on the field can do....

wow......is that so difficult.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

“He gets way too much credit when things go well; he gets way too much blame when things don’t go well because that position only performs as well as the guys around them. It’s not just him, it’s all of us, trust me,” Gilbride said. “We all have to do a better job. Of course, it falls on my shoulders. We need to make sure we get those guys in position, that we’re asking them to do things where they can be successful.”
    This paragraph has a wording that makes me feel a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    of course they can't......so get some ****ing plays that the players who are on the field can do....

wow......is that so difficult.....
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    This paragraph has a wording that makes me feel a little better.
    Yeah me too at least he's realizes it's just not only the players but him too....maybe he will ease up on his complex scheme a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Yeah me too at least he's realizes it's just not only the players but him too....maybe he will ease up on his complex scheme a little.
    I dont know if its ease up, or ease in.

Seems like when the team is down they come witht he explosiveness and get it done, what else should they do. But when the offense is in a "slump", even for a couple of drives, it seems like they do come out and try to ht it harder this time as opposed to building some momentum.

I like that we live and die by the big play, but maybe we are falling on that sword too soon sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    I dont know if its ease up, or ease in.

Seems like when the team is down they come witht he explosiveness and get it done, what else should they do. But when the offense is in a "slump", even for a couple of drives, it seems like they do come out and try to ht it harder this time as opposed to building some momentum.

I like that we live and die by the big play, but maybe we are falling on that sword too soon sometimes?
    I agree... I love the fact that we are one of the few teams that throw the ball down field but sometimes it is ok to have a 12-15 play drive for a td with some short passes. Teams are dropping to safeties back cause they don't respect the run. So you know how to change that either run the ball better or make the short throws and keep the defense honest.

Maybe Rosy should read this cause he believes that it is all on Eli that the offense is struggling and not play calling..

This actually just pisses me off even more. If Bradshaw is hurt and you KNOW hes limiting your offense and costing you, then why isnt Andre Brown getting the majority of the touches seeing that he ripped it up? Why is Nicks playing when he cant seperate because hes hurt when we have a bunch of healthy receivers? Sit these guys and rest them up for the stretch run.

After reading that I'm wondering what defense Fewell is seeing when he is talking about swarming to the ball? I remember a drill that I believe Tony Dungy ran as a defensive coordinator in Minnesota. They had a football painted green and the defense would line up. The ball would be tossed onto the field and the defense had to swarm the ball. The ball's color was so similar to the field color that it was hard to see. This trained ball awareness and I remember watching the Vikings swarm the ball on a regular.