+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who saw spags and the saints vs the eagles

Fewel? Where you watching? They don't let LaShawna McCoy dance around, they don't have 300 lb linemen hunting down Vick. They put fast pressure in his face and the flew all around. They attacked from different angles. I hope you picked up on some of that.

I hope and I really hope that you checked the stats for the game. The saints defence gave up 220 yards rushing. That's right. 220 freakin yards rushing. Yeah you can say Shady only had 18 yards after the half but that was due to playing from behind. Yeah they hit Vick alot and sacked him a lot. Seven times I believe. Something we havent been able to do since McNab left. Another fact for you. This is their EIGHT straight game with 400 + yards total defense. They are on pace to set the record for most yards given up by an NFL team since the 1950s. I agree they put pressure and caused mistakes which is good but I certainly don't want my defense to be giving up that much yards to teams. A good team will win with that sort I performance. The Saints were just lucky they were playing the eagles who can't play mistake free football.

I don't know why you are ratIng th me Saints defence all that high. They are poor. They are becoming high risk high reward. Much like the packers. They will let you put up big yard numbers but will take away the ball and have a strong offence which noone can take away from the Saints and I know you are talking in relation to the eagles when we play them but still. Just letting you know the Saints defence ain't all that.

Just fyi. Shady still had 119 yards rushing on 19 carries. That's like 5.7 yards a carry which is pretty darn good.
    Last edited by Hassett00; 11-09-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Pretty sure shady danced quite a bit and did well.

It took until week 9 for the Saints D to make the highlight reels for any sort of positive play.

Spags was a great GIANT.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

As above - Saints D is atrocious. The least amount of points they've conceded this year is 27, and that came from the Chiefs.

LeSean ran for 119, Bryce Brown ran for 49 and Vick ran for 53, and threw for 272.

The OP makes no sense.

Veteran
    well he's right about the blitz, they have fast players who can blitz as do many other teams, we have big slow guys that's why we are terrible at blitzing

The Saints' attempt at defense, since you can't really call them a defense, are ranked 29 against the pass and 32 against the run. The Saints are a team that is all Drew Brees(2nd passing/30 rushing)and absolutely nothing else. The fact they beat the Eagles shows you just how bad the Eagles are.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    The Saints' attempt at defense, since you can't really call them a defense, are ranked 29 against the pass and 32 against the run. The Saints are a team that is all Drew Brees(2nd passing/30 rushing)and absolutely nothing else. The fact they beat the Eagles shows you just how bad the Eagles are.
    yet they always seem to beat us

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    yet they always seem to beat us
    Yeah, we seem to ride a wave of inconsistency and I think that wave peaks everytime we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    well he's right about the blitz, they have fast players who can blitz as do many other teams, we have big slow guys that's why we are terrible at blitzing
    We're terrible at blitzing because we don't do it ... Not because we don't have the talent, its because fewell doesn't want to blitze, he thinks the other team will turn the ball over sooner or later. He believes in the classical: " Bend don't break" Philosophy. We have some pretty damn fast defenders out there who have shown on a few occasions that they can blitrze, effectively. Coe, Tryon, Hosley. Those 3 alone can get there if sent in the proper scheme. But thats not fewells deal. He's not Steve Spagnola and probably will nevr by into that type of scheme unless his HC tells him to.

The Saint's D this year is poor, and that is giving them some credit...