+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have a strong feeling Fewell isn't going anywhere

Not to say I like the guy, because I don't.

But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches.

And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired.

They'll bring up reasons like
    "we didn't have an offseason"
    "over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense"
    "we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league"

I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.

Re: Have a strong feeling Fewell isn't going anywhere

Conversely I believe the only reason they didn't clean house last year was because of the looming lockout and not wanting to bring in a new coaching staff on a shortened offseason.

Here's hoping they clean house and we get a press conference Jan. 2.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Sadly enough I feel the same way. I'm hoping for a full coaching restaff but just feel like the Mara's are too loyal and have too much integrity to do it.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not to say I like the guy, because I don't.

But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches.

And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired.

They'll bring up reasons like
    "we didn't have an offseason"
    "over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense"
    "we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league"

I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from, but I don't buy that they will keep him around if they don't make the playoffs. I still think that the Giants will keep Tom Coughlin if we don't get blow out both games.

Fewell has had more of an opportunity the Sheridan. Sheridan had more injuries than Fewell, and he didn't get a second opportunity. If I can't see that his defensive schemes aren't working, I am pretty sure that the experts are seeing more than I can. I think Fewell is far worst the Sheridan. This defensive has talent to be good. This defensive is built to put pressure on quarterbacks, but for some reason Fewell likes rushing 3 or 4 at the quarterback and drop everyone else into coverage. That is why the defense keeps getting picked apart. I am tired of him, and I am pretty sure management is as well. I really thought that I couldn't hate anyone more the KG, but I hate Fewell's play calling by far.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not to say I like the guy, because I don't. But look at the Mara's, they probably have the most loyalty to coaches. And since we had a mini house clean in Jan of 2010, I doubt fewell get fired. They'll bring up reasons like "we didn't have an offseason" "over the course of the season 6 rookies have played on defense" "we had more players on IR than over 80% of the league" I don't think it right or fair to do this to the fans, but I believe that's what will happen.[/quote]

no way....

he is gone unless they win the SB this year and that aint happening....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Coughlin is gone for sure if we don't make the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row.

All-Pro

Unless they lose out the last two games like they did a couple of years ago I say the entire coaching staff stays.

All-Pro

If they dont bring in some young blood in this coaching staff, they might lose some fans... Young NY fans are wearing Green these days.

LIGHTS OUT IN CANDLESTICK!

If we get eliminated this weekend, which is possible, if the fans want to make a point about NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN,then they should boycot the last game vs. the Cowboys. Mara talked a big game two years ago and we are still in the same spot. Hit him where it hurts..the wallet.

[quote user="Dirt66"]If we get eliminated this weekend, which is possible, if the fans want to make a point about NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN,then they should boycot the last game vs. the Cowboys. Mara talked a big game two years ago and we are still in the same spot. Hit him where it hurts..the wallet.[/quote]

it won't hurt the wallet , the tix are already paid for.

and besides , why miss the opportunity to see a real team with quality ownership.

that's right Jerry Jones = quality ownership.
    d'ya think it would have taken JJ 8 years to get rid of this stench.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders