Sean Locklear
    542 snaps
    0 sacks allowed
    21 hurries allowed

David Diehl
    151 snaps
    3 sacks allowed
    8 hurries allowed

Can someone please explain to me why Locklear was benched? There has to be more to the story than "you can't lose your job due to injury". How about losing your job to a guy playing better than you?

Locklear allows a pressure every 25-26 snaps while Diehl allows a pressure every 13-14 snaps.

Here's what Diehl's stats would look like if he had the same amount of snaps as Locklear at this point in the season (mathematical projections of course)

David Diehl
    542 snaps
    11 sacks allowed
    29 hurries allowed

BUT DD IS THE STARTER YOU GUYS! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO LOYALTY??

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I really want to mail this stat in to Coughlin. I just simply can NOT believe they put Diehl back in. He needs to be cut after this year, he is over the hill and about to fall off the cliff. DONE. Thank you for your time here and contributions to our SB runs DD, even though I find it shocking we won them with you starting at LEFT tackle let alone right. I really don't get it. If he has another bad game this week and is the starter after the bye I just don't know what is going on. I am a big Coughlin supporter but it's things like this that shake my faith in his decisions sometimes.

Its funny because even if we do win some games from here on out, in will be in spite of Diehls awful performance, and not because hes playing well.

Its like a 1-way street. He plays awful no matter what and win or lose...he still plays awful. Does this move make sense to ANYONE??

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    BUT DD IS THE STARTER YOU GUYS! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO LOYALTY??
    Loyalty of this nature is contributing to a sputtering offense and may even get your franchise QB injured.

The only thing I can think that makes any sense is that the coaching staff wants to get Diehl some more money since his contract is full of escalators depending on how many games he plays and at what position. I find it hard to believe that someone as great as Coughlin seriously sees Diehl as a better player than Locklear at this present moment. I'm really trying my best to not think Coughlin has a weakness when it comes to offensive line evaluation.

smh

These numbers seem to show that Locklear isnt allowing as many sacks even though he is getting beat almost as much?

Being a skinny guy I am no aficionado pf Oline play, so I ask. is there some technique to getting bet that allows the QB to better compensate?

Is it because Deihl is getting beat deep by the speed rush and out of Elis sight while Locklear is just getting out muscled up front?

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    These numbers seem to show that Locklear isnt allowing as many sacks even though he is getting beat almost as much?

Being a skinny guy I am no aficionado pf Oline play, so I ask. is there some technique to getting bet that allows the QB to better compensate?

Is it because Deihl is getting beat deep by the speed rush and out of Elis sight while Locklear is just getting out muscled up front?
    I think you arguing with a false pretense. Locklear is not giving up more hurries than Diehl is; per snap.