+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Players To Watch vs. Bengals

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...6-05d035790be7

Excerpt: "Keep an eye on these players as the Giants face the Bengals in a Week 10 matchup

1) Giants secondary -

Different people have different interpretations of a defense ranked 26th against the pass, 19th against the run, but top 10 in points allowed and second with 26 takeaways. Cincinnati’s standout wide receiver A.J. Green made his own analysis known, saying it means there are holes in the defense. He’ll find out Sunday.

“I think every defense has holes in it,” safety Antrel Rolle said. “If our defense has holes in it, then he shouldn’t have a problem exploiting it. The game has to be played on Sunday. The game has to be played on Sunday and we just try and make sure we take our best approach out there come Sunday and go into our bye 7-3.”

2) LB Chase Blackburn –

Fully practicing and upgraded to probable by Friday, Chase Blackburn looks to return from his one-game absence due to a hamstring injury. He’ll also be doing so in his home state of Ohio, where he grew up a little more than an hour away from Paul Brown Stadium.

“I’ve continued to push myself harder,” said Blackburn, who has 47 tackles, 2.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception this season. “They allowed me to do more things throughout the week and I haven’t had any setbacks. So I’m continuing to get stronger and hopefully I’ll just continue along that path with this day off tomorrow [Saturday].”

3) QB Eli Manning –

Throwing four interceptions compared to one touchdown in the last three games, Manning will try to get back on track against another AFC North team, the third of four this season. Having Peyton Manning as your brother again came in handy this week as his Broncos were able to beat the Bengals a week before.

“I talked to him a little bit,” Eli said earlier this week. “I talked to him [Tuesday] about their game. Just seeing if there are any tips on certain things. We talked a little bit.”

4) WR Reuben Randle –

Limited all week, only
    Hakeem Nicks knows how injured he is and how much it’s affecting him. The offense needs a jumpstart, and Rueben Randle – along with Ohio native Domenik Hixon-- could be there to help alleviate the pressure off Nicks and Victor Cruz. Randle has nine catches for 154 yards this season, including a 56-yarder two weeks ago against Dallas. Based on that performance, Tom Coughlin said he feels like his second-round draft choice could contribute more. “And we still do,” he continued. “He’s got to make the plays when he’s put in position to do so.”

5) RB Andre Brown –

It has been quite a year for Andre Brown. On the practice squad a year ago, Brown finds himself nine weeks through the season tied with Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Robert Griffin III for third in the NFL with six rushing touchdowns. They have come on just 53 rushing attempts as Brown continues to get the ball near the goal linie. Meanwhile,
    Ahmad Bradshaw was able to practice just once this week with his foot injury. Brown could see more touches."
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I wouldn't mind testing out D. Wilson and some WRs behind Nicks and Cruz against that Bengals defense either. Terence Newman is a starting CB for them. The Giants WRs should be able to win 1-on-1 matchups more easily this time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I wouldn't mind testing out D. Wilson and some WRs behind Nicks and Cruz against that Bengals defense either. Terence Newman is a starting CB for them. The Giants WRs should be able to win 1-on-1 matchups more easily this time.
    You will likely see Hixon and Randle behind Nicks and Cruz and Brown behind Bradshaw
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Will Randle actually see more than a few targets?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Will Randle actually see more than a few targets?
    That will depend on three things. Do we get way ahead early OR do we utilize more 4WR sets OR can Nicks play?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That will depend on three things. Do we get way ahead early OR do we utilize more 4WR sets OR can Nicks play?
    I definitely prefer the first option. The Bengals are the "easiest" team in terms of depth left on the schedule.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I would go with the first one..if we can keep a lead.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

This is all about what the receivers can do and if they can get back on track. It starts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    This is all about what the receivers can do and if they can get back on track. It starts here.
    I could be way off base, but I just feel it's "little things" as opposed to "the swoon" revisited. If anyone can get it right, it's Air Eli.

# 80

Is it wrong of me to hope that Bradshaw doesn't play and Brown and Wilson get all the carries? Bradshaw needs to heal and 2 weeks off would do him great!